Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

I never could get past the second season of Empire, so stay, go... Smollett's career is of no special importance to me.  

I've just always found it problematic when people hold celebrities in any high esteem as any type of exemplar. It's like that old interview with ODB from WuTang Clan where he was asked what he intended to do for his community as a public figure and ODB looks straight into the camera and replies "Nothing".  I feel sorry for the people who believed that Smollett was representative of anything other than himself.  He did some good works, fine but he was never an exemplary figure.  Frankly, anyone who is so tightly intertwined with Lee Daniels is suspect from the get go.  

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Frankly, it surprises me how the state would allow a gay, black man -- celebrity or not -- to walk away from these charges with a proverbial slap on the wrist.  I mean, you would expect a WHITE man -- again, celebrity or not -- to skate, but a BLACK man?  If anything, another brother would be facing the needle for this!

Guess it shows to go you that the only color that matters in this country is the color green.  SMH.

Edited by Khan