Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm sort of wary about the fact that they'll have 18 episodes... Glad for more EMPIRE but afraid of how they'll handle it. I echo everyone's comments so far... I really hope they slow things down a bit, allow for more room for the story to develop and breathe.

• Members

to

Trust me when I tell you Ilene Chaiken CANNOT be trusted. While passionate scribes would seize the opportunity of 6 additional eppies, Chaiken will see this as a chance to write in circles and destroy characters. She's an idiot, but what can you expect from someone who destroyed her own creation? You will see the actors salvage a lot of her sh!t. #donttakemyword

• Members

You ever watch The L Word? Enjoy it for two seasons (maybe a little more) and then have everything turned upside down? That was her impact on a beloved television series. I was so Thankful SHO said NO to her proposed spin-off.

• Members

There's a new interview with Chit's BFF out there. I'll try to find the link.

I'm slightly concerned with 18 episodes. I'd be happier with 15-16 but 18 is only two more episodes than that. I like that the season will be split so they need to treat it as 9 solid episodes followed by 9 solid episodes, or however they break it down. The show definitely needed more than 12 episodes. 20-22 is too much and not going to happen, not with Howard and Taraji as the leads. I don't think they want 22 episodes. And this is a show that doesn't need 22 episodes. I'm even thinking 18 could be too much and we see that cut back for Season 3 into 15-16 episodes. But if each episode can deliver, I'd be fine with 18 episode seasons from here on out. Time will tell. Crossing my fingers.

• Members

I didn't watch The L Word, but I know the stories from friends. I just don't think it's relevant, as this isn't her original work - she was a hired gun brought in by Daniels and Strong here to work with their existing framework and I think so far Chaiken's done a very good job minding the store. I'm going to give her credit where it's due.

Creators are different in different contexts. I remember people expecting terrible things from Jenji Kohan based on how she tanked Weeds, but now everyone thinks OITNB is the greatest thing on nu-TV (I still haven't watched it, but whatever).

Edited by Vee

• Members

Lee Daniels seems like the type of guy who doesn't put his name on anything he's not satisfied with. I can't see this woman messing up the show too much the L Word and Empire are two different shows with different cast members and writers.