Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

He can be satisfied with something, but that doesn't make it good to the consumers. S1 had way too many holes/missed opps, and Lee may have been to strung out on the hype from this show to notice. Here's to hoping that idiot show runner doesn't squander this opportunity!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The situation with Jenji was a bit different, she was on a network that consistently keeps their shows after their sell by date so the fault can't be hers alone in that regard. Dexter, Shameless, Queer As Folk, and Nurse Jackie have also experienced similar levels of reduction in quality, just because they all went on for too long. I don't know what creator isn't going to continue a series the network still wants to green light. Head writers and show runners need to pay their rent too. Weeds also had similar out of the box success with critics that OITNB currently has. Weeds was pretty well regarded until around season 5.

Not sure about how this applies to the L Word, I didn't watch it, but Weeds was a major hit with critical communities in the beginning too.

• Members

So very true about Jenji Kohan. Weeds Seasons 1-3 were sooo good. And received a lot of buzz and attention (Mary Louise Parker got much deserved awards and attention). Dexter and Nurse Jackie also should have ended before they did/will. Both were very very good shows early on. Around Season 4/5 is when the shows seem to just veer too off track. Dexter wasn't the same after Season 4, and Weeds wasn't the same for me after Season 3. Never watched L Word.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I have no doubt that there's going to be some changes if for no other reason then they know they'll have a whole season where they don't have to worry about cancellation. It would take a lot for them to squander the buzz they've gotten. *pushes the memory of Sleepy Hollow away* Given what they've achieved the only reasonable response to questions about plans for the future is, "More of the same!"