Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought that tonight was another great episode of Empire. Taraji continues to be great, I thought that she was in more of a schemer/plotting mode this episode. I thought that it was kind of amusing how her new assistant was talking about how it was wrong for her to try and upstage Hakeem with Jamal.

I also like how she wasn’t the least bit unnerved when “Halle Berry” was walking around in her underwear after she found out Cookie had arrived. I thought that was very catty of “Halle” lol.

I also like how Cookie seems to bring out another side of Lucious, who he was as a person before he made it big. That speech he gave with the talk show host, was due to Cookie’s comments on the news, that struck a nerve with him. I thought that their scene at the end of tonight’s episode was another example of him still having feelings for her. He gave her another one of those “looks”, like there is still something there between them.

I continue to enjoy Hakeem/Jamal’s relationship. I really like the way they talk to each other and their relationship as brothers. I love how they support each other. And we found out that Andre is Bipolar, I think it’s going to be interesting to see what they end up doing with storyline with him.

• Members

I didn't quite care for this episode the way I did the pilot, but it was still good, and I'm in it to see where it goes over the rest of the season. Andre is bipolar, but how disappointing to see how seemingly controlled he is by his scheming wife. P-U-$-$-Y now comes to mind when describing Andre. She threatened to have him committed if he didn't stay firm on his medication. Really?

• Members

Luscious new woman is a grade A bitch. Prancing around in her drawers like Cookie was going to be jealous.

LMAO at Obama calling Luscious. Chile please if this were real Obama would be unbothered.

I love Hakeem and Jamal's relationship and how is his sexuality is not an issue to him at all.

Yes for the preview tonight so many things coming up!

• Members

That was a wonderful second episode. I hope the ratings hold steady.

So Andre is bipolar. It sure seems it ain't good when he's off his meds. I can't believe that bitch Rhonda put on a bib to suck him off! And then grabbing his balls and telling him she'll have him committed unless he takes his medication. I don't care what you guys say, I like her.

Just like I like Anika. She's a basic bitch and she has no idea who the hell she's messing with, but I like her! I hope they reveal more sides to her and make her stronger, all the better for her to be an interesting rival to Cookie.

Porsha was funny. A bit OTT but I loved her hanging up the phone after Cookie threw her shoe. Speaking of which, that was awesome. Cookie is the Queen of melodramatic 80s gestures lol And her asking what "viral" is? DEAD.

That Kid FoFo was a mess. Glad he got fired!

I thought the interview/Jamal singing was a brilliant sequence. As was Hakeem getting so drunk at the restaurant. Among all the (melo)drama, the show seems to be able to bring up important issues in a sort of casual, off-hand way and make them part of the discussion. I love that.

I don't know what happened but Hakeem became hotter and hotter as the episode went on. He's one of those characters that constantly mess up but can't help but like.

Jamal/Hakeem hanging out and then performing together was beautiful.

Great ending! Cookie, find a way out of this mess, baby!

• Members

I think she probably realizes she needs Andrea mentally strong and on top of his game to hold onto the status and money.

For me as well, although Hakeem is coming up fast. lol

Yes, that was amazing. She also happens to be right. Listening to his wife does not make a man a "pus$y"

• Members

So far, Rhonda isn’t one of my favorites on this show, but I think that she does love Andre. I think that her threatening to have him committed, is because she cares about him. Her and Cookie seemed to get along okay, heck she treated Cookie more respectfully in this episode than Hakeem has treated her so far.

I was disappointed that he didn’t really have much of a reaction when the rapper was talking trash to his mother. He just kind of stood there while the man threatened and cursed at his mother. (Lucious acted trifling in that scenes as well), I think that Andre could have stood up for his mother. The only one that stood up for Cookie in that scene in the elevator was Vernon. I think he stood up for her, when she went into the office and was exchanging insults with the rapper as well.

I thought Hakeem looked better in this episode as well.

Edited by xtr