Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm intrigued by what's the story behind the pills Andre is taking but the most interesting part about him was during that scene with Cookie when he hugged her ... and got that look. I don't know why, but it was very reminiscent of something J.R. Ewing would do. In that moment, I saw A LOT of potential for him being the J.R.-type character for this show, if they play it right. I really want to see him scheming and manipulating to get what he wants. Since we're all making these comparisons (Cookie is Alexis! Jamal is Steven!) one can say even his wife=Sue Ellen! lol

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Do we have to stick to comparisons with just one soap? :lol:

In all seriousness, I disagree that Andre feels like Adam. Adam was an outsider who missed out on all the wealth and privilege the rest of his condescending, unaccepting siblings had. He also barely had his father's acceptance or cooperation. Andre is a different beast: The oldest brother with his life seemingly figured out, business acumen and a strong belief that he ought to be his father's son and heir, even if he has yet to have his approval. Now who does that sound like? :P

• Members

I love the show, I'm glad I watch it, I stop watching things that was on Fox. Too bad Platinum didn't last, we could have two black musical show on air. I like the whole cast, Hope to see some of my favorite rappers & singers on there.

I still don't see why Jamal & Hakeem going to be in competition with each other, one is a rapper the another one is a singer.

I think the father( Can't spell his name) going to spend more time around Cookie once he's inform that she been talking to the feds. Then that leaves his girlfriend getting jealous.

• Members

I still think its surreal that they are doing a tv show together on network tv. I know she has a career with tv but he especially is one I associate as primarily a film star. I wonder how long he will stick with it. The pilot already set him up to either go to jail or be killed off within 3 years due to disease

Speaking of which, I wish this wasnt on Fox. It should be on cable or better yet a premium channel like Showtime or HBO. I think the censorship will limit it as you just expect to hear cursing from a show like this

Edited by Cheap21