Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

YAS. Don't get me wrong -- I love me some Cookie. But, damn, Anika shut it down with that comment.

For the sake of story and interest, I want Anika to get even better.

Exactly! Especially if she's dealt with this many times. You do what you gotta do (especially since, clearly, there's money and status involved for her).

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Maybe, but maybe she just doesn't want to see him go down the rabbit hole again and she's basically telling him that she's going to force him to get help if he does. I don't know, divorce seems the much colder reaction to a spouse refusing to take their meds, especially when bipolar people are infamous for refusing meds. It's part of the disease.

• Members

Yes, it was interesting that Cookie and Rhonda seem to get along, unless Cookie was just using her.

Was it Vernon who defended Cookie, or Andre? I thought it was Vernon originally, but then Andre was looking at FoFo like he was one second away from beating him and Cookie gave him that look... Maybe it was both lol

I would have done the exact same thing: You're taking your meds whether you like it or not!

• Members

I think that she could end up getting pregnant later on. I could see a storyline where she ends up finding out she's pregnant after her and Lucious break up/he realizes he still loves Cookie. He could leave her for Cookie, only to find out that she's pregnant with his baby, and she uses that child to try and get a share of Empire.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I think that Cookie may have thought that Rhonda was okay. I think she might make comments here and there about her to Andre or whoever, but I think that for now, they might get along alright. Especially if Rhonda continues to try and help her like she did on tonight's episode.

Also, I think that Vernon was the only one that really defended Cookie. He defended her twice, once in the office, and in the elevator I thought that Andre didn’t really do anything, he just kind of look like there was drama but I don’t think he said anything. I can’t say I’m really surprised that Lucious didn’t really defend her, but I thought that Andre could have stood up for his mama more. Jamal defended their mother to Hakeem, I think that Andre could have defended her to the rapper.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Well, Rhonda is helping Cookie because, for now, helping Cookie = going against Hakeem. But I see what you're saying and I'm actually hoping that Cookie gets along with at least her, since she has such contentious relationships with almost everyone else.

Also, it was good to see Rhonda working and doing it well, instead of just being the pill-pushing, bib-wearing slore.

You're probably right that it was Vernon. I remember thinking there ought to have been more defending. No matter what their personal history is, this is some random guy insulting your ex/mom.

• Members

I knew Fox going to do something to turn me off of them. I bet they would never do that if Bush was in charge.

Anyway., I think Cookie is feeling out Anika. How do you talk back to a bitch that just got out of Jail.

Another thing Anika wasn't saying that when she was about to catch a Solange in the elevator. She was hiding right behind Lucious.

Edited by MoTheGreat