Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"The Luscious Lyon I used to know would have told those people that the streets ain't for everybody. That's why they made sidewalks."

"Yeah, you right kitty. I liked you better when you was was a thug."

Cookie's hat. That music. The hard stop on Luscious' shamed face. I LIIIIIIVE!!!!

Poor Jamal. If he comes out daddy with cut him off. I like that they played this beat. It's realistic and needs to be dealt with.

Bunky was Cookie's favorite cousin? What?! Luscious is cold bastard.

And is it just me but was Andre's wife about to torture him with fellatio. It didn't come across as manipulation with sex to me. Especially since she squeezed his testicles at that club. Odd!

I guess Anikka is threatened by Cookie. What woman comes out to show their assets in such a manner. I guess she and Luscious are not married considering the way that the kiddies referred to her as Hakeem's "dad's woman." I am waiting on that subject to come up. And are they really trying to sell her as younger and hotter than Cookie. LMBO! Please stop.

Kinda disappointed that the singer didn't make Hakeem work for it. She's a gorgeous girl, the by the way.

I am loving Cookie's assistant. She is hilarious. "Look like they having a meeting to me".

More importantly, I really appreciate the dialogue about rap music. It may not be my thing at this stage in my life, but I do feel like rappers and rap music are often vilified. Luscious' explaination was perfect

Sellout was the theme. When Jamal sang that everyone has their own closet. That is true. Luscious definitely is. His personal face and his private persona are totally different. He cut himself off when he was talking about Trayvon Martin. That was very sad. But looming death and the return of Queen Cookie has him questioning himself and his choices. I love how she gets in his head.

All in all, Still loving it!

The way that Cookie is constantly overdressed or always the best dressed in every scene is fab! Keep it that way!

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

To everybody saying that Andre & Lucious didn't defend Cookie. Andre isn't on his meds, might get expose for being bipolar, & he might refer to himself as several other people. 2nd Lucious did fire the guy once everybody got off the elevator & he told that guy because Cookie was right.

I wonder did Lucious told Anika that he fire the guy & that's why Anika was coming off like she can handle somebody who just got out of jail.

• Members

I think that she's threatened by Cookie too. I have a feeling she's going to be instigating many of her confrontations with Cookie. I think that Cookie will be checking/warning her at times, but I could see Anika saying and doing things to try and get underneath Cookie's skin. I loved that Cookie seems unaffected by Anika, even when she was walking around the house in her underwear. Cookie seemed more upset about seeing how far Lucious as come as an artist, like the sad expression she had when she saw the house, than she does about Anika.

I think that Cookie understands Lucious very well, better than Anika does. I am really enjoying the way they interact with each other. I think he definitely still cares for her. I liked how they interacted as parents at the end of the show. I thought he seemed proud when he told her that she was right that Jamal and Hakeem fit well together on the stage. I also liked how she chastized his parenting of Hakeem, and he said he didn't want to argue with her about that. They definitely seemed like parents/two people who were married to each other.

I'm looking forward to a "Cookie gets a new man" storyline, even though I think that may not happen this season. I could see that happening in another season. I think it will be fun to watch Lucious deal with her getting a new man. I think that will bother him worse than it bothers Cookie to see Anika parading around in her underwear.

• Members

Cookie has Luscious feeling some type of way. She knows what drives him. She knows him. I have no doubt that he still loves her. Anika will probably scheme and try to set Cookie up in some way to keep her and Luscious apart.

Oh yeah. Luscious won't deal well at all with Cookie getting a new man. When it happens, I hope it is a longtime rival of Luscious. Just cause that type of stuff always makes it sweeter. I wouldn't even mind if he had his own record company and Cookie left Empire to work for him.