• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hey Mo./..here are the symptoms of a manic phase

Manic phase of bipolar disorder

Signs and symptoms of the manic or hypomanic phase of bipolar disorder can include:

• Euphoria
  • Inflated self-esteem
  • Poor judgment
  • Rapid speech
  • Racing thoughts
  • Aggressive behavior
  • Agitation or irritation
  • Increased physical activity
  • Risky behavior
  • Spending sprees or unwise financial choices
  • Increased drive to perform or achieve goals
  • Increased sex drive
  • Decreased need for sleep
  • Easily distracted
  • Careless or dangerous use of drugs or alcohol
  • Frequent absences from work or school
  • Delusions or a break from reality (psychosis)
  • Poor performance at work or school

Got this link to read more if you are interested. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bipolar-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20027544

Of course he will. Just as Cookie called him a stupid sissy. That's what you do when you are angry at someone and want to hurt them. You use the weak spot. You hit them where you know it will hurt. But just because he does that doesn't mean that he cares that Hakeem is gay. It obviously doesn't. No more than than it bothers Cookie.

• Members

These scenes (among others) had me laughing too!

How many backhanded nicknames is Cookie going to give Jamal's boyfriend? I wonder if it will be a running joke or will Jamal, one day, tell her to stop.

That bib thing told me that so much about Andre's wife. She does sort of infantilize Andre too, especially with the meds and in turn, he seems to sulk and try to rebel about it. So the bib was highly symbolic before she even used it to 'go there'.

I do think at some point, Lucious and Cookie will sleep together but I don't know if it will change a damn thing in that relationship. I think there is still affection and perhaps even love but there is a trail of hurt and betrayal that started from when Lucious divorced Cookie while she was in prison and I only see this extending. Add on rivalry on top of that.

• Members

I know what you said. All I'm saying is, it didn't come off that way at all, which is why the theory was ignored. All I saw was a man excited to be getting a blowjob. What man (especially one in the beginnings of a manic phase) wouldn't be excited about that? Granted, that Rhonda chick hasn't exactly put herself on the track for an Emmy yet... but still... I just don't see how fear or S&M factors into this at all. :)

• Members

But you never know Hakeem can be very childish (based on the past two episodes) and it may reach a point where he reaches for the one thing he knows can hurt/weaken Jamal in his father's eyes and in the world of music...his sexuality. And while Hakeem personally may not care about that, the fact that he's willing to use it or may use it could severely damage their relationship.

• Members

The one thing I'm looking forward to is when Anika and Cookie have an epic catfight. This episode already has planted the seeds for that happening and I hope the show keeps the audience waiting for a bit. Already both women have thrown a little shade at one another and I bet it will be onwards to a catfight. Lucious is the modern day Blake Carrington (how he was intended to be on Dynasty), Anika is Krystal (more bitchy and less goody goody), and Cookie is Alexis (with more layers and not so one dimensional bitchy).

• Members

That BJ was the equivalent of giving a Puppy a treat for being good. There was nothing sexy about it. She puts a bib on, doesn't undress and half her hair was in curlers. She uses sex to keep him in line...the scene with the bib and grabbing his manhood to get Andre to take his meds? If he's a good boy, Rhonda gives him a treat. My guess is that Rhonda loves Andre but she's in love with being married to that Empire.

• Members

Yes, this is pretty much how I see it too.

One thing I like about this show is that all of the main characters involved really do enjoy the art of music and not just the business.

Hakeem referring to Cookie as "Satan's daughter". laugh.png

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

I love Hakeem referring to his mother as Satan's kid. That was hilarious.

Not sure why folks are slobbering over Jamal. He's quite dull and the actor has very little presence. What's so complex-he's gay? Hakeem is more complex. He has no clue who he is and is trying to live up to what his father wants him to be. His anger with his mother seems to be the only thing of value he truly has.

The elevator scene still has me reeling. When Fofo opened his mouth, Lucious turned to him and said nothing. Just the look! Terrence knocked my sox off!