Ratings from the 80's

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Donna, Khan is frustrated with you. Lots of people are. Your disappointment in someone doesn't deflect your responsibility for causing disruption. When a bunch of people are feeling the same thing about someone, the one thing that's in common, is THAT someone.

You are responsible for everything you write. But you are engaging in a revolving cycle. You are going in circles

1) Making "mistakes" that you say you're learning from

2) Receiving people's frustration that they post on the board

3) and this is what varies (a) You debate them  (b) You ask for further explanation, sometimes repeatedly (c) You change the focus to someone calling you a name or saying something that you feel is insulting 

Whenever you choose "C," you give yourself a pass - like now it doesn't matter that people are upset with you. 

4) You go back to repeating step 1. 

You've walked into a community of people talking cooperatively, and then you basically pulled out a loudspeaker, start reading encyclopedia passages, lit fireworks, released a coup of chickens.... Typically people have two ears and one mouth -  we should all listen with twice as much time & effort, as what we put into talking. I gave you yesterday what I thought was really good advice, and you're not really receiving it. 

If there's another diagnosis apart from Parkinsons that is more cognitive or behavioral in nature, I believe people here would be sensitive to that. But your actions are off the wall, and frankly sometimes upsetting to others. Like the rest of us humans, you have to adapt to what is happening around you. Society in general doesn't, and neither does a message board community, make accommodations for social disruption in their environments. 

• Members

It also doesn't really matter what kind of presence you had at another forum in another time. When you refuse to learn the rules of how or where to post, or what's appropriate vs. just spam or unwieldy, you give the distinct impression that while you're being outwardly polite, you are not genuinely taking anything we say seriously because you believe you have some authority we do not. You don't.

I know that you were on other forums or even on Usenet. That was almost twenty years ago. Things have changed. This is not your home forum, and you are not the center of it. You cannot just keep posting long swaths of books, or long URL strings, or stuff in the wrong threads. Like, even a decade ago that was bad netiquette. I don't know what role you or your partner felt you held elsewhere, but it is not relevant to SON.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It's a long time ago, but I believe the Entertainment Tonight story played up the popularity of the Beth/Lujack pairing and cited it for the increase in GL's ratings. As for Tony and Genie, they had already been gone from GH for about 6 to 7 months when GL overtook GH in the ratings. Genie returned at the end of 1983 to tie up the Luke/Laura story. I think they were gone by year's end.

• Members

No, darling, you were banned.  That's a fact.  And you were banned, because we were as fed up with your condescension and stubborn refusal to respect GLBuzz board's rules as SON posters are now.  That's a fact, too.

I was happy to ignore your presence here until you mentioned your alleged Parkinson's diagnosis in another thread, clearly as a way to elicit sympathy from others (which, I am sorry to say, although it's no fault of their own, it worked). 

I know personally people who suffer from that dreadful disease.  The fact that you felt the need to "play that card" sickens me to my core.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Typical narcissistic behavior, don't you think?  She'd rather pin the blame on others than accept it for her own.

That's the kind of [!@#$%^&*] we have in the White House today -- and unfortunately, it's the kind of [!@#$%^&*] we're dealing with (AGAIN) on SON at the moment.

Thanks, @robbwolff

Please register in order to view this content

(Hope that answers your questions, @Darn!)

Bingo!

Edited by Khan

• Members

We remember things differently. as soon as I got here awhile back someone got into a PM with me to remind me that they had left the Buzz Board the same as I had and as others had. It's appalling to me that you would say "alleged" Parkinsons diagnosis. I was diagnosed with Parksinsons in August 2012 but I had a long honeymoon. That's all over now. The very idea that you think I'm out to get sympathy is disgusting.

• Members

The odd thing is I was never a GH fan. I just have a good memory about useless trivia like this. I remember getting my hair cut in December 1983 and my stylist being stoked that Genie Francis was back on GH. As an Edge of Night fan, I wanted to talk about Edge, not Luke and Laura.

• Members

No, you haven't said, Donna. People are asking you to consider what they're telling you about your behavior and how you're handling posting here, and in return you're just suggesting they don't 'get you.' Yursoaking's analysis of your behavior pattern is correct.

Edited by Vee