Ratings from the 80's

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I seriously doubt Bell would have moved have moved both Y&R and B&B to another network(knowing Bell's success we'd be discussing FOX Daytime!) I think Bell recognized the challenges of launching a new soap even  in the late '80s he had analyzed what the odds were, especially if B&B had debuted in the Capitol slot. Not to mention both Bill himself and Lee Phillip Bell actively campaigned in every market that had preempted B&B  that by 1995 even single CBS station in the US was airing B&B

Aside from dropping the 10AM game shows in 1991(Bob Goen's Wheel of Fortune lol) CBS Daytime had the exact same consistent line-up from 1987-2009 with no change. 

• Members

Woof! And here we go! Bye-bye, EON. I was right, RH was near-instantly hobbled by the switch. SFT seems to have gotten a little bit of a boost. I wonder if it was people who tried Loving and weren't hooked or early tune-ins to DOOL. And over on CBS, Capitol is in the rear, but holding its own pretty well against AW.

• Members

CBS kept the 10 am ET slot until September 1993; Family Feud Challenge was the last game show in that slot. I remember Bob Goen's Wheel of Fortune. CBS really cheaped out on WoF; $50 and $75 spaces on the wheel LOL. Like Family Feud and Now You See It earlier in 1989, WoF also had a CBS soap week but unfortunately those episodes haven't surfaced online anywhere (I remember they aired sometime during Fall 1989).

I saw that and I didn’t even know who those people are that she posted a pic of. I chalked it up to her obvious mental illness. She has to have attention. I’m giving it to her, I know, and I should be ignoring her, but it’s comforting to know that so many others feel the same. I have gotten SO many private messages about her. 

Edited by VanessaReardon

• Members

Yes, VR, I am appreciative today of the assistance I'm getting via private messages. I doubt that many people did not know that that was Patrick McNee who died this year. He & Diana Rigg were the original Avengers. Now, you have gone even further & accused me of having a mental illness.  You're just pitiful about this. I'm working as hard as I can here to get along with all y'all. And, I've got people sending me messages to help me. And, I am very hopeful that sooner instead of later I will fit in here. STOP CALLING ME NAMES. I WILL NOT CALL YOU ANY.