DOOL: Renewed through 2016

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Go DAYS it's had a great year. Let's mention Lisa decazotte who has been great for days. Now if I could get my Lorraine Broderick promoted to co head writer even better news. As tomlin and white sell deserve the credit I can't help but feel Lorraine's influence on days.

• Members

YES!!!!!!

I feel SO much more relieved now, like I can take a deep breath! Everything looked in line for a renewal... but you all know I don't rest until I see it in print! haha. Man... just taking some time to reflect back on where we've been the past few years with the "death of soaps" from 2007-2012 and just the doom and gloom we all have experienced the last few years this is such a great feeling... and not even that! But with Days renewals... going down to the wire in 2008 and the DH's being let go and just hoping the show would be on in 6 months.. much less make it to a 50th! And I even think back to 2011 when I was really worried that GH would be cancelled in its 49th year for 'The Revolution.' I just count this as a HUGE victory for Days and for our soap genre and I celebrate in it! I can't wait to see what we have in store for the 50th :)

Lastly, HUGE congrats first of all to my fellow Days fans and HUGE congrats also to the cast and crew who work so hard to keep our show on the air!

• Members

I'm so glad to hear of this news! I'm so happy to know the show will make it to their 50th. I am sure they will go all out to celebrate it by bringing back a multitude of former faves for a celebration, much like they did for Alice's funeral (though under happier circumstances)

It's wonderful to know that NBC, CBS, and ABC have faith in all their shows again. I hope this trend continues. Although I won't hope for new soaps to ever be created, at least not in any way shape or form that the current production model is for soaps, it's such a lovely relief that these remaining 4 keep chugging along and we have no impending doom & gloom leering over our heads.

• Members

They should at least test Days in PT again. The climax of Kristen's failed wedding would have been perfect for that. Having AS lead an episode with a big climax to a Sami story at some point this year with heavy promotion from TBL seems like a no brainer

Archived