Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

No.

The "story" of Delia's death is a sensational story, as is Nikki's and the cult leader, but the writing has been worse since JP came on board. It was simply boring when SA was doing it wihout JP. It was MUCH better shortly after the start of the JFP/JG regime, but not at the end. Great writing, as in actual dialogue re: the stories hasn't existed on Y&R for years. Someone asked about the writers actually watching classic Bill Bell Y&R. I think that, at some point, it should be or should have been required.

Do you know JP and SA personally or professionally? It certainly sounds as if you do, almost always referring to them by their first names. That would indicate bias and pretentiousness. If not, I think it's disrespectful and pretentious. JMO of course, speaking only for myself.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billy Miller and Michael Muhney.... Gosh, how will Y&R survive without those two acting deities?!

Every time either of these two had large chunks of dialogue, the whole thing becomes a scenery-chewing joke -- big, hammy exposition and gun-waving. I feel zero connection to perfect cipher-child Delia at this point. They only did well in near-silence, like when Chelsea called Adam in the car and begged him to come back, and both men listened almost in tears.

Lots of people here feel bad that Chloe hasn't been more central to story and major scenes -- I say THANK goodness! What a miserable, negative wench she is. I get she's lost her kid, but Chloe has always been like this. Belittling her mother (who has never said an unkind word to her), belittling Kevin, belittling her BFF Chlesea. Everybody's all Oh, gosh, we'd better make Chloe godmother of Connor! She'll be so upset if we don't! We'd better go say goodbye to Chloe, she'd never forgive us if we left without saying goodbye! That nasty, jealous cow? Chelsea, go get yourself some better friends. And now she's all up Chelsea's ass. "You knew about this! You never told me! I'll never forgive you! I'll never talk to you again!" Silver linings!

With that said.... Chelsea. Ha HA! No Paris for YOU, insta-fashion designer! With your orange spray-tan and distracting nails. BTW, girl has more chemistry with Eric Braeden than with Michael Muhney.

God, BoreToria. Why are they trying to make her look like she's been stewing in her own juices for a full week? That was some atrocious acting with the running up the stairs and "No Daddy NO!" when she looked like she was laughing instead of crying.

Victor, what a disgusting character you are. Honestly, if Victor died tomorrow, I wouldn't give a sh!t. He's been withholding the truth about Adam for WEEKS and blackmailing him about it. While his wife organises the Delia fundraiser! And yet this guy is meant to be the voice of dignity and comfort now? The way he told the arresting officers to get lost ("Ah ahm VICTUH NUH-MUN! Officers, ah will call yew when Adam returns home, m'kay?") and slammed the door in their faces? Telling Chelsea to look after mah grandson? Taking it upon himself to tell BoreToria the terrible news? F u ck you scumbag! I hope Jack nails him to the wall for this and Summer's insta-pill-popping.

• Members

I have to agree with you about Chloe and Victor. Chloe has always been a mean little snot who always has something negative to say about something. At least she's written consistently.

I can't wait for Jack to nail Victor to the wall. I'm sure he'll get some sort of comeuppance, although it will probably be short lived and he'll end up back on top. But in the meantime I'm going to enjoy Jack (and hopefully Jill) nailing him to the wall.

• Members

If it was any other actor, then I'd agree, but since it's DT back in the role, this makes it unique, which allows them to move forward. Granted for a big part of audience, he will be "new," but I have a feeling they've been saying JW for major upcoming scenes so they can use flashbacks to establish DT.

Archived