Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I guess I'm alone. I've been catching bits and pieces of Y&R since OLTL went off the air, but this story has reeled me in. Little by little. And as of this week, I'm hooked. I'm going to miss Billy Miller (not a fan of David Tom) and yes even MM, although he deserved the boot.

• Members

If that one SL is Tyler/Abby and Mariah, then I am in total agreement. Honestly, someone needs to check MO's pulse because only a dead woman could fail to generate heat with RW. Topping that off, the writers insist on making Abby spoiled, flighty, and whiny.

• Members

Nice cliff hanger/tease. I like. Loved Nikki going off on Victor, and I really do not like Eric Braeden, but he does give Victor that almost sociopathic self righteousness that works for the character. His complete inability to recognize that he ever does anything wrong and total justification.

• Members

Tabby's little spats and make ups are so tedious and balless, groveling Tyler sucks. All his fire got doused for this juvenile twit Abby, shame. Jack and Nikki dragging Victor was good but pointless. He's always gonna be unscathed and soon he gets to play hero for

.rolleyes.gif So Billy staggered away and Adam got blew up. Good times.

• Members

It's been ages since Y&R had anything that even resembled a Friday cliffhanger. I'm reminded of MAB's BS theory that Friday cliffhangers were passé and everyday was supposed to be a cliffhanger. rolleyes.gif And Victor is definitely a high functioning sociopath at this point. Sherlock would agree.

If the writers are smart, they'll make Tyler get exasperated in the end and end up parting ways with Abby convinced it can never work. Then Abby (hopefully with the help of a shrink) will start to unpack the baggage of why none of her relationships seem to work out. Tyler will have moved on by then, of course. I'd even prefer his 'playing with fire' relationship to Lily than this mostly boring stuff.

• Members

Considering how crazy the Michael Muhney exit was in the press I don't think they're stupid enough to touch the Adam character for YEARS. We'll see, but I don't see them opening themselves up to this in six months time. The show doesn't need Adam and needs to just move on.

Archived