Aiden Turner's Domestic Violence Charges

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But there is two sides to the story. Perhaps he didn't do it. Maybe she's lying. Maybe he threw it at the wall it bounced off and hit her. Maybe she was throwing stuff at him too. Maybe she was coming at him with a knife and he launched it in defense. Maybe he didn't intend to hit her or wan't looking and just tossed it. Maybe he's a violent ass & flung it at her face and hit his mark. WE don't know is my point.

Agreed. Especially with the opening & closing lines.

• Members

Who ARE you to judge that? You weren't there. I have a really bad temper at times and I wouldn't consider throwing a remote or even a cell-phone at the face of somebody I care about. That's a p---k move. That said, I also can't going to declare it wasn't an accident. Something like he tosses the remote against the wall and it bounces ... but I wasn't there.

• Members

I don't think anyone is saying they are okay with it. Some are just playing devil's advocate and have suggested that it may not have been as serious as a blurb on TMZ is making it to be Its been reiterated that we don't know all the details so its premature to condemn anyone in this situation. The headline screams domestic violence and automatically the first reaction is to assume he's a wife beater. This could very well be an isolated incident involving a remote thrown in frustration in which she accidentally got hurt by. We don't know. Until more evidence comes out that establishes a pattern of abuse (which we've never heard with him), Im not going to judge and label him anything

• Members

What amazes me is that someone could read a three paragraph story from a notorious gossip site and not only decide that they know everything they need to know about the incident but then turn around and decide that those of us who aren't willing to pass instantaneous judgment must somehow be okay with domestic violence and/or are willing to excuse it because we want to screw him.

Sorry but I'm going to need a whole lot more information from a far more reliable source before I decide that Aidan Turner = Ike Turner.

• Members

I don't think anyone is saying that he's Ike Turner, but there is a big difference between being in a volatile relationship in which the parties yell at each other and occasionally throw things when they're mad and being in a volatile relationship in which your partner hurls objects at your face during a fight and the police have to be called. I haven't read anything to make me believe that he regularly beats this woman, but who knows? As others have pointed out, none of us were there. What really bothers me though about the whole "well, we don't really know what happened, and maybe she's making it out to be more than it was or maybe she started it or maybe this or maybe that" attitude I've seen from a lot of fansites is that it excuses the alleged behavior. I don't care who you are or what your partner said to you, no one deserves to be hit in the eye with a remote control.

Regardless of what did or didn't happen in that home, the police were called, he was arrested, and he's been charged with four misdemeanor offenses. If he's a first-time offender, he'll likely get off with probation and a requirement to attend an anger management class of some kind. I'd be shocked if he does any jailtime. I enjoyed his character on AMC, and I hope that this is something that doesn't happen with him again.

• Members

Admitting we don't know what happened isn't excusing the behavior. We DON'T know what happened. We don't know anything about these people. Is this a dysfunctional relationship between people who think fighting is a sign of passion? Is/was there drugs (legal or illegal) or alcohol involved? Is this the norm for him or her and someone just got fed up enough to call the cops? Do either one of these people have a treated or untreated mental illness? Could one or both of them have a physical illness that affects their behavior? Has something particularly stressful happened that would cause one or both of them to act out (death in the family, loss of a job, money troubles)? Does he have a history of this in his other relationships? Does she?

If he's just a jerk who got angry and threw something at his girlfriend's head, then I'll be first in line to kick his ass. But if there are extenuating circumstances - he's bi-polar and off his meds, for example - then he needs treatment, not jail. We. Don't. Know.

Archived