Aiden Turner's Domestic Violence Charges

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This seems bogus. If he wanted to hit her he would have hit her, not throw a 1 lb remote (if it even weighed that) out of momentary frustration. And obviously she wasn't hurt since they filed backup charges of violence that didn't cause harm. There are actual domestic violence cases they should be looking into and not trying to get a guy because he was on DWTS.

• Members

Domestic violence can occur in an escalation that starts with physical intimidation to throwing things to shoving and then hitting rather than straight into flying fists Women who have been subjected to it can usually see the warning signs. I would not be surprised if this wasn't the first time and she recognized the danger which is why she called the police before he started to wail on her. What she should have waited until he started beat her down to call the police?

I have to ask, what kind of relationships do both of you have to consider someone throwing a remote at you somehow normal and not a big deal? Because if some m'fker threw a remote or any kind of object at me and hurt my shoulder, I am calling the damn police and telling him to get the hell away from me forever.

• Members

I am not saying it is a scam, I am saying the incident isn't worth prosecuting. People fight, and many times people in frustration might do something they are not even thinking about, like throwing a half-pound piece of plastic not even thinking about whether it would actually hit or not and then the very person who threw it could be the same person to say "oh [!@#$%^&*]! are you alright?" It doesn't mean there is a battered woman there. And she can't be too battered because they are filing some sort of fake "abuse with no harm" backup charge in case the jury can't find evidence of actually physical harmful abuse. Fights happen, it just doesn't make sense that in looking for a weapon to commit domestic violence he chose a TV remote to throw, and that in his rage he was so ineffective the DA is worrying about a lack of harm in the case. I know there is an impulse to assume woman=good/ man=bad, but sometimes they both can be good and they just have a fight. We shall see if and when it goes to trial I guess.

• Members

It's always fascinating to watch how stories like this turn into people attacking each other for what kind of boundaries they do or don't have in their own relationships. I know people who have relationships where I would be so shocked if they threw a remote that I would recommend a CAT scan. I know people in relationships so volatile that throwing a remote would be a welcome show of restraint and probably count as foreplay. I'm not going to judge because I don't consider a blurb on TMZ nearly enough facts to judge and I know nothing about the type of relationship these two have.

Archived