OLTL, AW, Secret Storm's George Reinholt Dead at 73

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Talk about end of an era. Between the jump to a rival soap and the free speaking to the soap press (when it was still an actual press), Reinholt, along with Jacquie Courtney, broke the rules for what soap actors were supposed to be and do.

He was an incredibly intense, charismatic performer in a way many men on soaps had not been before him, and many would never be since.

• Members

He's so THEATRICAL in those scenes. He isn't bad, on the contrary, I find him far better than that awful greenscreening they had them in.

There's a bizarre earnestness he has there that transcends his over-the-top-ness. He will really be missed.

• Members

I thought he was a very intense and compelling actor to watch, especially as Steve Frame. It felt like he believed every word he was saying. LOL, don't know if it was quite the case BTS but I do know that he and Courtney fought for what they believed was their characters' integrity.

• Members

I really, truly hope that his last years were filled with some degree of happiness in spite of his illness and other personal woes. He made a couple of appearances on talk/entertainment news shows that made me feel so sad for him, true, "There but for the grace of God go I" moments as an artist with uneven employment myself. God bless him. I've enjoyed what little of his work that there is left to be seen.

He tried to get back into daytime maybe two decades ago, and I recall that he had a phone conversation around that time with Robin Strasser. She said something to the effect of, "You know they think you're nuts", et cetera, and that he should just own that and approach his reentry into daytime riding on the strength of his work. I really wish that he could have made one more splash. Maybe as a very alive Steve or Tony, or even as one of Erica's many paramours.

Archived