Soap Actors Living or Dead That Would Have Been Good On Other Soaps.

• Members

This topic may have been done before, but what actors living or dead would be good as recasts or new characters on other soaps.

I think that Sherry Mathis who played Liza on Search would have been good as a recast for Leslie Brooks on Y&R. Janice Lynde was excellent as Leslie, but never cared for Victoria Mallory.

Krista Tesreau would have been a good recast for Patty on Y&R. I loved Lilibet Stern in the role, but Andrea Evans and that last chick who's name I refuse to recall were horrible.

I think Jess Walton was a good recast as Jill, but wonder what it would have been like if someone like Maeve Kinkead assumed the role.

Terry Lester was my favorite Jack. Peter Bergmen has made the character wussy. What if Jerry VerDorn from GL was recasted as Jack after Terry left.

If Bill Bell hadn't killed off the character of Jennifer Brooks on Y&R, Constance Towers would have been a good replacement for Dorothy Green.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Would be interesting to see Erika Slezak, Robin Strasser, Susan Lucci, Alicia Minshew, Melissa Archer, Robert S. Woods, Tamara Braun, Phil Carey, Vanessa Marcil, Clint Ritchie on Y&R, ATWT, Days, GL even AW

Maureen Garrett, Maeve Kinkhead, Charita Bauer, Ellen Parker, Lindsey McKeon, Kimberly J. Brown, Tom Pelphrey, Victoria Wyndham, Constance Ford on either AMC or OLTL

• Members

Erika Slezak and Mary Stuart, if they were the same age, could have switched places. I could see Erika being either Jo or Meta. Mary could have been a good Phoebe on AMC not sure how well she could do Viki though.

Susan Lucci as Rachel on AW

Off Topic question but how did AW fans Address Rachel?? Erica has always been "Erica Kane" to the audience regardless of husband same with "Viki Lord" and "Dorian Lord". Did people call her Rachel Mathews or Rachel Davis?? Just curious.

• Members

Most AW fans referred to Rachel as Rachel Davis. I know my mom always did. I can't think of anyone ever calling her Rachel Matthews.

I've always said that Brenda Epperson is the only actress I might have accepted replacing Marcy Walker as Eden on SB. They have a similar quality about their acting, though I think Marcy is a far better actress.

I think Lisa Peluso could have fit well onto GL for some reason. I've always thought that, even if GL was never really my cup of tea.

I'd STILL LOVE to see Marie Masters on DAYS as a character from the past. Maybe Sandy Horton, since she seems to be mostly a blank slate? Colleen Zenk I could also see on DAYS.

• Members

I think I said this before, but I'm sure Ellen Holly would have found great success if she considered auditioning for one of the Bell shows.....she could have been Mamie or Lillie Bell on Y&R, I could have even seen her as Ruth on B&B.

• Members

Now that I think about it I wonder how:

Victoria Wyndham would play Erica Kane or even Dorian Lord

Susan Lucci as Rachel Davis Cory

Alicia Minshew as Victoria Newman or Dinah Marler

Erika Slezak as Laura Horton on Days or as Meta or even Trudy Bauer on GL (I think she's might be little young for those two roles)

Robin Strasser as Erica Kane or Barbara Ryan

Melissa Archer as Jennifer Munson or Lucy Montgomery

Charita Bauer as Lila Quartermaine or Mona Kane

Maureen Garrett and Ellen Parker on either AMC or OLTL

• Members

Linda Dano as a sister to Gloria on Y&R.

Loved Marla Adams as Dina Abbott Mergeron, but wonder what it would be like to see Elizabeth Hubbard or Marj Dusay in the role.

Terri Ann Linn ex Kristen Forrester B&B as Ashley Abbott.

Brenda Epperson ex Y&R Ashley #2 as Kristen Forrester B&B.

Nina Arvesen ex Cassandra Y&R as Kristen Forrester on B&B.

Daniel Hugh Kelly as Snapper Foster Y&R.

Patrick Duffy Greg Foster Y&R

Gordon Thompson as Greg Foster

Laurence Lau ex Greg AMC as Paul's long forgotten brother Steve Williams Y&R.

• Members

Actually, Viki was always very good about taking her husbands' names. Viki Riley, Viki Buchanan ('80s fans would most certainly remember her this way), Viki Carpenter, Viki Davidson... When I started watching OLTL regularly in '93, it had to have been over a year before I heard Viki address herself as Lord and I'm tempted to say that it was during the window between Clint and Sloan.

Dorian was such a pretentious climber, there was no way in hell she was going to drop the Lord and she hyphenated for Herb and Mel.

Erica was of course a celebrity so it made sense that she was always addressed as Miss Kane, though she was called Mrs. Whoever usually by people like hotel workers out of respect.

Archived