Soap Actors Living or Dead That Would Have Been Good On Other Soaps.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watching AW in the '90s, I always felt like the senior cast members would have worked beautifully on OLTL. There was just a vibe about them. Wyndham, Dano, Stuart, Schnetzer, Keating... Of course Dano and Schnetzer had already been on the show, and Dano would return (and Stuart would temp for her). I was set on the idea of Wyndham playing Dorian's first cousin and they'd have sort of an Alexis/ Sable rivalry with Viki siding with Dorian sort of like the whole Echo mess.

• Members

I wish I could give the posters credit, I don't remember exactly who said this, but they were fans from back in the day who posted at WoST. They said that there was magazine/fan speculation that Susan might jump over to AW to play Rachel when Robin quit. And that when AMC first started, Susan's characterization was so similar to Robin's that it looked as though Susan had been told to watch and emulate her.

• Members

I always felt/wanted Julia Barr to head to GL after AMC gave her the boot. I think she'd've been a great Hope Bauer recast. That character was so needed in the final years and JB could've been a great matriarch.

I thought that Sarah Brown, Tamara Braun, & Megan Ward would be great on GL too. Brown as a Cassie recast (funny b/c LW plays Carly, a role Brown originated) because I felt she'd be great opposite Zimmer. Braun & Ward would've been a great Lucy, Harley, or Chelsea recast IMO. Martha Madison would've been good on GL too--a great Marah recast. And Chad Brannon & Jason Gerhardt as younger Reardons.

My dream of Stuart Damon on World Turns partially came true but they cast him as some loser gangster related to that tramp, Janet. IMO, I would've preferred him in a long-term role as a viable love interest for Lisa/Lucinda, thus re-sparking their feud. Other actors (younger) I wanted/thought would fit well on ATWT were Brandon Barash & Josh Duhon.

And of course, I've always wanted Chrishell Stause on YR as a vixen and Jill's niece, Jennifer Brooks.

• Members

I thought Julia Barr might have made a good Dee Stewart recast on AS THE WORLD TURNS. Especially if they had put her in a quadrangle with Larry Bryggman (John), Anthony Herrera (James) and Colleen Zenk (Barbara).

• Members

I always wanted to see a older female Dimera sibling to Stefano and I always saw Victoria Wyndham in this role.

I wanted see Michael Zaslow on Days as A DiMera brother or Leopold Alamain

I think Maureen Garrett would work as a sane Laura Horton

At one point I felt Jo Johnson was needed on Days and thought Kathleen Noone could make her work again

James Scott should have been Andrew Donovan and Tom Pelphery (spelling?) should have been EJ.

Archived