Soap Actors Living or Dead That Would Have Been Good On Other Soaps.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Minshew does not have the chops to play either. She's not even on the level of Heinle, and that's pretty bad. As far as Dinah is concerned, when Wendy vacated the role, they should have tried harder to replace her. The role could definitely be recast, but Gina was not the one! Wendy made gold out of everything!

• Members

I don't know why -- maybe it's because Heather Tom made such the impression -- but I find "re-casting" Victoria Newman difficult. I think I'd have to do something radical, like re-cast with a blonde, in order to come up with someone "worthy."

How about as Jimmy Lee Holt?

And if Fiona Hutchison were to show up on GH, I'd want her to be either Anna's long-lost sister or a distant relative of Lila Quartermaine's from England.

• Members

I don't think these two would work. AM is under the best of circumstances a rom-com lead at most. She is dreadful when leading in drama her limitations become desperately apparent. She works in small doses as a supporting dramatic player, but it's clear she needs a strong lead in order to be effective. Romance and comedy are where she excels, in that light I think a role similar ATWT's Vienna would suit her talents best. Something light, frothy, sweet and funny. Anytime she had a big dramatic scene she always underwhelmed or plain out and out failed. She doesn't have the power for combative, fiery or dramatic scenes -- see Budig or Sweeney for big dramatic outburts and classic soapy scenes. Her coming up on top in a big dramatic exchange simply wouldn't be believable and the weight and heft of Victoria would easily be lost. Not that Amelia Heinle, has any of these properties but she would continue to be a weaker dis-empowered version of the character.

Conversely Strasser wouldn't work as Erica Kane at all. In that way Lucci fit the role like a glove. Erica was a complete and utter fantasy, she's not real and that's why I always had the hardest time with her character. She is a dream with no basis in reality and Strasser is just too hard and strong of an actress for that. Erica had a whimsical free quality that made her almost ephemeral, everyone loved her, everyone wanted to be her, everyone just fawned over her just because of who she was and because of her otherworldly beauty. In that way Lucci just fit the bill. Strasser has a lot of dramatic weight and gravitas that I just don't think would mesh well with this Marilyn Monroe-esque ideal that Erica Kane invoked in others. By this extent she might have made a good Stephanie from B&B.

Archived