GH50: September 2013 DIscussion

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed this version for the most part: many times during the Jesse storyline, Georgy's demise and her eulogy when she roasted Felicia and during her drug storyline with Schmucky eg her holding/shaking that bag of pills leading him to the bed from the doorway was just an awesome piece of work to me ... there have been times, pre the eponym Spixie I liked her work much better

but with him she just became this BettyBoop type persona of a character for me that never let up ... now that this material is a more serious she's a tad better. Most of her material gave lend to that ditzy blond, poo-poopie do type characterization.

• Members

I like Rafe, but he is like Molly's pet. He looks like a boy from a 50s tv series waiting to be rescued by Lassie and that's cute.

I also like Molly, but as a smart teenager not someone who asks dead "Mr Covich" out of the blue who Sam's father is.

TJ is a boring character, the actor makes him kind of interesting though.

Nu-Taylor is indeed gorgeous.

• Members

How do I put this? I was shocked ABC recast Logan with someone who had a...non-borderline white look? ph34r.png She looks a lot older than Logan too, even though I'm pretty sure they're the same age.

I thought her acting was actually pretty good. I think she is more subdued than Logan, too. I was LOLing at the people on Twitter who had forgotten Taylor existed completely or weren't sure the character was recasted but felt something was "different." Just goes to show little of an impact the character made and could've just stayed off screen permanently.

• Members

As a black character, realistically, how much of an impact would she have had anyhow?

As for nuTaylor, she looks like she could not only be bad but she could be deliciously bad. Unfortunately, she does not work opposite Molly and Rafe and barely TJ. She looks too mature for them and will come off as foolish against them.

Archived