GH50: September 2013 DIscussion

• Members

I don't get the Sonny suicide thing either. He didn't even seem to like Connie these last few months let alone love her. I can buy him being in a dark place due to the circumstances and his mental illness, but he wouldn't kill himself. And from the previews it looks like Sonny's in his office today with the gun. So Olivia, Morgan, and Dante did a lot of freaking out, but didn't look very hard for Sonny. And Sonny's suicide note is nothing short of hilarious. RC really hates Sonny, doesn't he?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not sure how this contract things goes, but MB was offered a year contract last time he signed while others were offered 4 (LW) and 2 (Kemo & RHerbst). Then they marginalize him further by giving him Olivia? I like her [the recent scenes I can do w/out], but why would you put what should be a lead character with Liv? Then he's the most laughable crime boss I've ever seen. I swear the other families probably dedicate popcorn night once/week to Sonny and who embarrasses him next.

• Members

Because it's clear the writers don't care or get Sonny. I understand the argument that Sonny dominated a decade and a half of this show, but if you have the actor at least use him. I don't need an increase in airtime just an increase in intelligent storytelling for him (and, well, everyone). Pairing him with Liv is okay with me. I don't think it marginalizes Sonny anymore than the months he spent following Kate/Connie around. I agree LLC doesn't have it in her to be a lead actress, but she works okay in a supportive role. I am going to forgive the scenery chewing hysterics of the last few days. I am starting to think these VM returning rumors might be true. They don't care about Sonny at all and I would bet MB is out in the next year and that Sonny leaves with Brenda. If they didn't try to keep SBu, they aren't going to try to keep MB. It will free up more money for the OLTL3. It's probably for the best GH is on borrowed time anyhow. It has lost all of the positive buzz and excitement surrounding the 50th. Brit and Nik are the only thing I enjoy about this show and it's only because I hate Sabrina so much. It's a shame because I think there are good characters and potential stories, but the cast is just so bloated and there are so many stories going on that nothing is cohesive or paced properly.

• Members

I would only count Lily honestly, but Emily, Reese, Claudia, Connie and Brenda (at least for awhile) all died. None of them were really his fault though except Lily. I remember him being pretty suicidal about Brenda and Lily, but did he really care much about Emily or Reese dying?

• Members

I watched part of yesterday's show or the day before, or whatever, and Olivia was confiding in Morgan (I forgot they were even close). He just seems so bland and pointless.

I also heard Britt going on, and on, and on to Nik about how her entire life had been a parade of bad men who didn't want her once she turned 30. I don't really know that much about her character but I thought she'd been some sort of pawn of her mother's for most of her life?

I wish that soaps didn't think "bad girls" need to be whiny and self-pitying in order to show us how good they are underneath.

• Members

How embarrassing to see a soap journalist begging for OLTL people to come to GH in any role.

They've done nothing but make GH into more of a sinkhole, so let's bring more.

Didn't he used to criticize this empty name grabbing when P&G soaps did it?

Archived