Will Smith and Family Shocked at VMA's

reallyhateskateonlost

• Members

"Can we work it out? Can we be a family? I promise to be better. Daddy please don't leave..." Honestly, I've never had a moment where I went, "Wow, what a great voice" in regards to Pink. More like, "This song is catchy as hell," and her voice could carry it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who gives a sh-t? This isnt 1974. If you want that music, then that is forever encapsulated in records, casettes, CDs and now modernized on the internet to relive. That aint hot today and people's tastes have evolved. There is plenty of diversity to be found out there across all genres. Again just bc you dont like someone, doesnt mean they cant sing and have no talent. As its been stated already, today's music simply is NOT for you.

• Members

OK. I will say this once more before I leave the subject alone for good. THE BILLBOARD HOT 100 IS NOT A SUPREME REPRESENTATION OF THE MUSIC INDUSTRY IN 2013. No amount of clinging to Billboard's past authority will make it any more relevant today. Are people listening to the songs on the Top 40? Absolutely. Yes. But I don't know anyone who listens to only the Top 40 without supplementing with other styles of music. You cannot say all these things about "everything" in current music if you're only basing it on a tiny fraction of popular acts. You just have no clue what you're talking about.

WTF!!

I'm done lol Baby boomers are stubborn as sh!t.

• Members

Robin Thicke is sexy and his new album is my current obsession. That's all I have to add at this point.

Oh and I can't wait for new britney music. Is she an amazing singer? Nope. She needs auto tune to save her life and I give no !@#$%^&*] about it.

A singer or actor etc is here to entertain. She entertains me. And that's all that matters. She really is a lot like Cher IMO and I've always thought they were far more comparable than her and Madonna, if anyone is like Madonna it is Rihanna (who by the way is a far better vocalist, as she proved on Stay IMO - one of the best, most haunting and romantic ballads I've ever heard - and I love 60s music)

Just because something isn't your exact style doesn't mean it sucks. It means it's not for you, and if your not in their target audience then does it matter if you like them or think they are talented?

• Members
They are down because of the digital age. Plain and simple. There are a lot of country, AC, and adult R&B artists that still sell tons of records. Sade sold a ton a few years ago after a 10+ year break. To put it simply the music market is not an albums market anymore it's about the singles. Times change. Stuff that was popular in 1965 or whatever doesn't work now. It is what it is. And the songs that hit #1 is not accurate. There have been hip hop, country, folk, rock and piano ballads that all smashed on top 40 radio and like AMS said people are discovering artitsts online now. We don't need to listen to radio or watch Americamn Bandstand to find music these days. You seem overly critical of artists that aren't even making music to appeal to you.

• Members

Simply because I forgot to say this earlier - there are PLENTY of artists today who do not require autotune: Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Adele, Jennifer Hudson, Mariah Carey, Justin Timberlake, etc. Sure, their voices are polished for the final product but that does NOT take away from the fact that they are immensely talented performers who sound even better live. The use of autotune is not a fair way to judge someone's ability. Hell, Ke$ha is extremely autotuned on her tracks. I went to her concert two years ago expecting it to be mediocre and was completely wowed by how truly vocally gifted she actually is. So, like I said, the autotune argument is irrelevant.

• Members

Kelly Clarkson and Pink and Timberlake are people who can sing live, but their radio hits are as autotuned as anyone elses. Its above and beyond some polishing.

Funny you mention Kesha, I saw her do a soundcheck and her natual voice was, so good! She later said she used autotune because she wanted to be huge and make radio hits and make millions and she did it lol.

Archived