Will Smith and Family Shocked at VMA's

reallyhateskateonlost

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Considering this is the same family that has their 12 year old daughter in a video with a much older actor talking about a "summer fling" and popping out her tongue ring, I call bullsh!t on them taking offense to a 20 year old being a whore on stage.

A skanky performance, sure. But in today's age, why is this so shocking? This award show isn't even a family award show, perhaps Will and Jada should have left the children at home if they went off past years alone and the demographic this show is targeted to.

I've seen a lot worse, and that's just on MTV alone.

• Members

They can and I suspect that's exactly the type of reaction Miley was going for, and in the end, they (like everyone else seemingly) fell right into her trap.

The girl has been going in this direction for some time, I honestly don't know why this is surprising to anyone. I'm not even a fan, but judging by photoshoots and videos she's done recently, this is in line with the image she's been aiming to achieve for over a year now.

• Members

I'm no prude but she was doing too much IMO. Including bending her ass over in front of a married man 15 years her senior. But it is what it is I guess. I don't even understand why her and Robin Thicke performed together. Time constraints?

• Members

I just watched it and was waiting for something to happen. That was it? I don't see what was so shocking about this. All I was left thinking was that I really liked the song she sang and I never followed her music before. She sang it well

• Members

The Miley Cyrus routine was interesting.. and I think I know what she was trying to do.. but it seemed like a huge mess. Of course, she is only 21 so I can understand why.

Regarding the routine, stuff like this has existed at the VMAs for many years... example of which happened at the 1993 VMAs. It seems pretty tame nowadays, but it was a big deal back then. It was less than a year after the Sex book/Erotica/Body of Evidence came out.

• Members

WTF was all that? Everyone was talking about it, so I had to check it out. Is it supposed to be some scary ass bedtime story come to life? Just what is the point? If someone would come out at those awards and actually rely on a good VOICE, I think the world would come to an end. When I grew up with THIS on awards shows, you can understand how stuff like that freaks me out.

Archived