Will Smith and Family Shocked at VMA's

reallyhateskateonlost

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd go with Off the Wall over Thriller only because I ended up with all the tracks on my iPod as opposed to some selections from Thriller, though I love that album also.

I'm going to disagree with you on sound quality though. You generally have to have a really good ear to tell the difference between a lossless format and a 320 .mp3. A lot depends on the type of music and the stereo equipment as well.

When people say they listen to digital music, it doesn't mean that everyone is listening to a lossy format. Some may be listening to FLAC, ALAC... Also if a person cannot discern the difference in quality between 320 and 128 or any losless format, why should that person waste additional disk space. Sound is a highly subjective arena.

• Members

I don't even like Sgt. Pepper, I just meant albums that are so loved by the public, critics, albums that were so huge that they will always be remembered, albums that have "legendary" status. I can't name one in the last 10 years that will have that distinction.

• Members

I believe I understood you. I was just giving a slight edge to one MJ album over another, but I know you don't necessarily have to like any of the albums you mentioned. While I can come up with artists, songs, and albums that I feel are under the radar, I can't think of anything recent that I believe qualifies as "legendary."

I don't know if you like Daryl Hall at all or if you've seen his show but in case you like him and you haven't seen the show, here's a link http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/welcome.html, click on the LFDH Archive.

• Members

Going back to the Miley's performance for a while...

I had to look it up since I became curious, and I honestly fail to see what all the fuzz has been about. I didn't find her performance particularly shocking. Frankly I was more bored than shocked. Would it really have become such a big deal if it had been anyone else and not Miley Cyrus a.k.a Hannah Montana up there on the stage?

Archived