DAYS: Actress OUT!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yeah. I guess that's why I wasn't SO shocked but at the same time extremely disappointed with her exit but now that I know it was her own, I support her wanting to spend time with her family. She's worked so long so she maybe just really wants time off?

I still say she shows up on Y&R, I could see her recurring there at some point before returning full-time, as much as I'd absolutely prefer her on DAYS.

I don't think she hated going back to DAYS. She probably disliked HOW she went back there. To me, she sounded very happy in the interviews, but maybe they start draining her again so she just said nah. I'm out. LOL.

• Members

When Eileen first returned I got the feeling it wouldn't be for long, but the longer she stayed the more I assumed she would be around for a few years at least. Eileen seemed to be enjoying it and they were using her well (unlike Louise Sorel and others) this return was brilliant and worked and still does.

While it will leave a large void I think Days has set up some great stuff, so hopefully the building will continue. Of all the actors leaving Eileen will be the hardest void to fill in the canvas.

The obvious exit story would be revealing what Kristen did to Eric. If that does come out, I hope it isn't found out by anyone, but instead Kristen uses it as revenge after she has exited. Or

Wouldn't it be interesting if Will and Kristen's departures were linked. If he accidentally kills her and goes to jail or something. At the same time Kristen confesses to Brady on her deathbed what she did to Eric before she "dies" (you know they wouldn't kill her for real) and Brady keeps the secret.

• Members

I didn't think she'd stay around too long anyway, as it was fairly clear this was not of her choice.

I just hope this doesn't mean more of boring Ashley who is apparently vital to the canvas because of stories that aired in 1985. Unless they have very detailed plans for Ashley, it won't work.

• Members

Awful news. Eileen Davidson carried this show for the last year, she had chemistry with everyone.

I would say she didn't like how she came back to DAYS, but once she was there I got the impression she was loving it. The work spoke for itself. She has been amazing to watch and a runaway success for the show.

I don't think DAYS can propel itself without her.

• Members

That's my fear. She has been central to so many great umbrella stories. Not saying she's the only game in Salem but (IMO) she has been by far the most entertaining.

And yes, she seemed to be loving playing Kristen again, absolutely glowing with mischief and energy.

• Members

I do have to wonder if it's money-related. She's probably making the same she was making at Y&R but working way harder. I wonder if she wanted more to renew, and they're just not doing that these days (as we can see, since the show is filmed inside a damn shoebox).

• Members

From her Facebook Page:

Eileen Davidson
Hello! I just wanted to confirm that I have indeed left DOOL. My last day was July 16 but I will be airing until November. I'm taking some time off to enjoy my family however I am not retiring. Not really sure what's next for me work wise. But I am looking forward to figuring it out!
Thanks to all of you for your support and love. I've had an incredible time on DOOL this year.....
Eileen

Archived