DAYS: Actress OUT!

• Members

I remember GrayBunny say that when he interned at Y&R that Eileen filmed her scenes early in the morning and was gone by 9am so he hardly saw her. Days is 9 to 5 job, so maybe that never suited her.

I was always under the impression that she only signed a one year contract, so I kind of thought she had renewed when there was no news in June. Nevertheless this has crushed me.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah if she could film her scenes by 9am on Y&R each day, I would say that would be a better situation for her with a family. While days gets blocks of time off, I was under the impression the filming days were long and hard. With Eileen on most days I would say there would have been no balance to her life.

I would not be at all surprised if she headed back to Y&R. Though they haven't known how to write her character in at least a decade.

It doesn't seem anyone is at fault here. It seems it was always going to be temporary. I can't imagine even Corday is happy with her leaving, though what could he do?

• Members

That schedule does sound exhausting. It's not just the amount of hours worked, it's also the mental strain of all that memorization and the incredibly quick pace. I don't know how Allison Sweeney does it with her constant screen time and her other projects -- though I suspect she's one of the people Days "works around" in terms of schedule.

Is Logan joking about Steve Burton getting 20 days off a month? Don't most months have just 22 or so working days?

• Members

my guess is that with MS gone at Y&R she's going back to Y&R. Watch. A damn MESS.

you can't really blame DAYS for this. I mean she has been front-burner, and the story she was given wasn't that bad.

• Members

This is what I said about Kristen Blake for years. She is a force of nature who it would be difficult to keep on contract again.

That said, they had her back and so they should've cut her workload long ago to keep her.

• Members

WTFrack - ED was the only reason I returned to DAYS a couple of months ago. I spent a couple of weeks catching up - watching all her scenes since October to catch up. This is ridiculous. Guess I don't need to watch anymore. Just when I was started to delve into other stories (like Theresa). Sorry, the DAYS channel is off my YouTube subscriptions

• Members

I actually think they've done a great job of making her viable this time around. She isn't as over the top as she was in the 90s. She hasn't kidnapped or tried to kill anyone. She hasn't really done anything terrible bad that the character would be difficult to keep around. Even sleeping with Eric, is something she can easily get out of with speculation that her lookalike will take the blame for it. There are characters that have done worse than Kristen this go around and have remained on soaps for years.

Archived