• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her patients? Why do they care if she sleeps with David if she does her job? And even without all the huge wrongful termination issues, I don't see Joe firing her either. I haven't watched for 40 years Linda but I believe Joe Martin would be understanding and compassionate to Angie especially after all that has happened recently. Do you really believe Joe would lead some kind of witchhunt for her firing? Really?

Reading all 6 pages of the AMC thread in one sitting after being offline for a few days is the greatest thing ever. I am literally applauding my laptop.

• Members
Thank you and seriously WTF Cassadine1991? How many times must you be warned about this bulls--t?

nah Jen always sucked. Unlike the two mentioned, they were at least played by good charming actors. Jen never was, which made her that much more painful to watch

• Members

I don't see how Egan and Godfrey are better actresses than Jessica Morris. If anything Morris was more believable as the stuck up bitch then either of the former actresses. Egan was only believable when her world was falling apart around her, while Godfrey's scenes just read as comedic relief.

• Members

Jessica Morris was always pretty terrible.

She improved very slightly but not enough to give all the tryhard writing Malone and co. gave her day in, day out - literally trying to make her into Marty 2.0, right down to having Nora and Andrew say "you remind us so much of Marty Saybrooke" - a return on investment.

• Members

I'm pushing these back, I know.

Episode 46:

Cass getting the abortion (thank God) made me tear up. Especially because of Brooke Newton's fantastic reaction work - the look on her face. Colby had no idea how to help Cassandra, but who could? Yet the two handed grip between the girls as Cassie was wheeled out was perfect. That's what really got me. Really amazing stuff.

David lecturing Anders was wonderful. If this cold fish is gonna go with Dixie he needs to seriously learn the ways of our planet Earth. Failing that he needs to get loose at the Chandler gala. Like, real loose. Seriously, seriously hammered. That may be the only way to help this dude see the light.

I was so glad they took the beats for both Jesse leaving the PVPD and Cass with Angie at the end. The flashback to Jessie being hired was neat, and Darnell worked that scene. I loved the very quiet scene dissolve to Cass at the hospital, etc. - you don't see many dissolves on soaps anymore because they rarely work for the feel of a modern edit, but this one did. Reminded me of classic Y&R. That was all just perfect stuff - flawlessly, lovingly done by the show.

A.J. and Miranda remain sweet, in a good way. I loved the dialogue today, especially for them - who wrote it? And Pete and Celia were better, though I always like Pete. I was so glad they gave J.R. that scene with Colby, too, something softer, more real - that was so important for both new actors as well as both characters. That throughline to the past.

Nice David and Cara. I love them, but I still want more Angie and J.R. in their lives for now.

• Members

Oh please don't compare Egan to JM. MCE is a MUCH better actress than she ever was. No question. As for Godfrey, her scenes are supposed to be comedic relief. I guess she must be a good actress as she's coming across exactly how she's intended to be portrayed. She's hilarious and a joy to watch. JM was just stiff and stale and I never found entertaining.

• Members

The irony about all the Jesse talk/debate is that the character finally having to face some accountability for his misdeeds (however well intentioned they might be) gives Darnell a lot of meaty and complex dramatic material to work with (and that he's handled very well) and will, you know, get him another of those vaunted Emmy nominations if not statues.

Archived