• Members

To be fair, the reason David keeps getting arrested and paying for his sins is the result of his longtime status as a frontburner character who drives story. No black character has been allowed similar importance and certainly not for such an extended amount of time. The fact that Jesse is now being given the same prominence that we saw reserved for the likes of Ryan, Zach, JR and, yes, David, IMO is a total [!@#$%^&*] victory.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ep 47

Like I said before the scene with Jesse and David was perfection. The only way it could've been better is if it had happened in a locker room. There was such a high school feel to it. All that was left was for one to put the other in a headlock then have Coach Taylor make them run steps when it was all over. Both actors were right in the zone. David was a smarmy, superior dick; Jesse was a fed-up, outraged hypocrite and they were they were both absolutely right about every charge they lobbed at each other. But David dropping the news about Cass' abortion was way out of line. That was a cheap shot and Jesse didn't deserve it.

Colby/Celia is getting intriguing. We saw some continued vulnerability from Colby then she went right back to her old tricks. That's how you do gray. Celia's becoming more tolerable. She was sweet but not saccharine. With a little work, Celia can become a solid character.

The Miranda and Zach scenes were so lovely. You could easily see how the little baby who used to think Zach was nothing but a big, furry, Drakkar-scented toy would grow up to steal his heart. Both characters needed that break. Miranda needed to get away from AJ and Zach needed a break from the Hubbard drama Zach is so much better now that we aren't being told what a good man he is but instead we've been given a chance to see that in action. First with Jesse and now Miranda. It really was sweet up until..... calling Heather a trollop. mad.gif No. Just no. That was seriously, SERIOUSLY wrong. If AMC wants to show Zach being a good uncle, directing a sexually-based insult in the direction of a teenage girl who's been nothing but kind isn't the way to do it.

Geez show, can we PLEASE get Jane something to do? Preferably Pete?

This is another episode where I got the feeling the show got chopped up in editing. There were a number of jumps that made me wonder if Hulu was acting up on me.

I like that both AMC and OLTL are having galas and that both shows are letting characters

• Members

I love that Miranda and Zach are growing closer... because I cannot wait to see the fall-out from when she learns that everyone has been lying to her about her parentage. Her mother, her Uncle who is really her Uncle by marriage and biologically. I wonder if she even knows that Gabrielle is Zach's biological daughter!

• Members

Agreed. I like that Zach is being a father figure to Miranda right now because 1.) she needs desperately needs someone to be there for her besides AJ and 2.) Binks and Zach talked about telling her the truth so it fits that he's being extra attentive.

I'm also wondering about the fallout when Zach finds out Bianca has been with a sick Kendall all this time.

• Members

At least your thread isn't a thread for ants!

I think AMC and OLTL are doing equal business for the most part, but the slooowww weekly OLTL threads where people like me and Eric take a few days to watch anything sadden me. Single tear. I'd take more craziness to beef it up! More endless discussions of the staff structure at Shelter and how Cutter got out of prison and whether tattoo people are allowed to not wear their tattoo to avoid detection!

• Members

OLTL had alot if discussion last week. It's just that people watch AMC first and save OLTL for later in the week. I do that and notice others have as well. I don't have the time to binge all the episodes on the first day and is rather watch a block of one rather than alternate. I suspect OLTL will get more traffic tomorrow

• Members

In regards to AJ/Heather/Miranda... I'm hoping that Heather doesn't become a bad girl, the actress just seems so sweet. I have a feeling that Miranda might morph a bit into being like her grand-ma Erica/Auntie Kendall. I bet she'll realize too late that she likes AJ, witnesses him with Heather in a romantic setting.. then finds out that she is a child of rape and has been lied to her whole life by everyone in her family. I forsee her reacting like her auntie Kendall and causing trouble.

Already we've seen she can be kind of shallow and has been bitchy to her mother.. so the seeds for full on bitch have been planted.

• Members

when you type a well reasoned explaination trying to get somone to see how they are being offensive and their response is to say that they somehow know more about being black than you because they have been married to a black man for a zillion million years, there's really nothing to be done except to hit the block button and move on.

Does anyone else think they are going there with Angie/David. I hope not because David already has Cara and Colby to juggle. I just see the seeds being planted for a potential story there. It would be highly entertaining, but Im not hoping for it per se.

• Members

I really hope so! Bianca had such potential for full on bitchiness as a child, and the Gina Gallagher version of Bianca just owned it. I was fairly disappointed that Bianca then became the good child and Mona incarnate. I mean, yes, she secretly had her brother-in-law's baby behind her sister's back, but even that was sort of swept aside so Bianca could keep her mantle of "the nice one." I am dying for Miranda to be a mini-Erica, especially since we don't have Erica.

• Members

I don't really think they're going to do David/Angie. I think they are going for a Roger/Maureen thing. Their friendship provides plenty of drama without the added insanity an affair would cause.

From a storytelling perspective, I think David and Angie are the sounding boards for each other that give us a window into specific parts of their characters that would and could easily get lost. IMO, Angie's main purpose is to tether David to humanity and keep him from floating into cartoon villain territory. David's purpose is to remind us that Angie is a character in her own right apart from the supercouple. He gives us access to her viewpoint without having to watch her pray every other episode. My only issue is that Jesse needs the same sounding board and Zach isn't quite serving that purpose because he's too busy falling in love with Jesse himself. laugh.png

I wouldn't mind if we got one or two scenes of D&A sexual tension for the same reason I like seeing Brooke being pursued by Dimitri - these are smart, beautiful, accomplished women who deserve to be shown as desirable - but I really don't think it will go any further than that. Of course, if I'm wrong I can replace my avatar with something hotter.

• Members

I loved Angie hating on David and wanting to see him pay on ABC so I'm surprisingly LOVING their friendship here. Never thought I would but its been so good and does wonders for both of them. Without any family (he barely had a relationship with AJ), Angie seems to be his main redeeming quality as his relationship with her is genuine and he only wants good for her. She befriending him speaks volumes to her ability for forgiveness and gratitude. I think a relationship would ruin the dynamic as he'd most likely take the fall for the end of her marriage and I don't want to see that happen but I hope they can continue to develop them as friends. It's too bad Tad and Krystal are MIA bc as J&As BFFs I think those are two other dynamics that would have been interesting to play off with these new developments

• Members

One thing is for sure, I do keep the AMC board full of electricity and energy! More commenting and posting going on here versus the OLTL board. Gotta keep it lively. At least it shows that passion and interest is really here with the show and cast of AMC.

• Members

Zack is not falling in love with Jesse. They are friends and colleagues in the crime fighting business. Tad is/was Jesse's sounding board and so there is an unbalance with Angie and David and then nobody to be a friend to Jesse like Tad. and where are Angie's girlfriends? Does Angie even have a girlfriend to do girlfriend things with? She had Jenny, she had Krystal (for awhile) until David started drugging Krystal and breaking up Tad and Krystals marriage. It is so hard to think that Angie does not have any female friends in all of Pine Valley.

Archived