• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He and I both want Jesse back per 2008. He watches the show too and agrees with me that the 2008 Jesse is not accurate and he is disappointed.in the writing too. We are babyboomers and have seen better writing of the character of Jesse. Yes a horrible injustice of bad writers and their bad writing of the character of Jesse Hubbard.!!

• Members
I am no David fan, never have been and never will be. BUT the ONLY difference between David and Jesse is that unlike David, when JESSE commits crimes, lies to, assauts, threatens and intimidates people he does so while using his badge/ hiding behind it and proclaiming himself/being proclaimed as a noble, righteous man. To me THAT makes him vile, disgusting and evil and worse than David, IMO.

ETA: IF someone like Jesse were the Chief of Police where I live, I'd be terrified of what would happen to me if I ever ticked him or anyone in his inner circle off.

• Members

Linda, by your own admission you are a white woman. I hate identifying myself on the Internet but I am a young black woman. I know all too well about the issue of negative stereotypes perpetuated by the media and the entertainment industry. If this forum were discussing the movie

Soul Plane, I might even agree with you. But on the issue of Jesse you are being insulting and trivial beyond words. Quite honestly your grip on reality is clearly nonexistent if you think any aspect of Jesse's story is in any way reflective of the very real and very maddening racial issues that still exist in this country.

I don't mean to be insulting when I say this, but I sense that you may not be as well versed in the complexities of these issues as I am. Certainly since by your own admission you are not black, there are just some things you will never understand. But I will try to simplify it in the hopes of getting you to exercise some future restraint. Racism is very real and affects the life of minorities daily, the Trayvon Martin case is still fresh in the minds of many and honestly it hurts to think about the implication of the result of that case. When you, a white woman decide to appropriate those very real issues because you don't like the way a fictional character is being portrayed, especially when none of his flaws are being attributed to his race, you trivialize the importance of those issues to the black community. Obsess over Jesse all you want, but fo constantly inject race into the discussion this way is just plain. Insulting because it shows that you are incapable of seeing Jesse as a man without first labeling him a black man and dumping upon the character ever preconceived race related notion whether it is relevant or not.

Sorry for the rant y'all I am just fed up.

• Members

Just watched the first episode. Felt a little slow and I really need a break from Cass or at least some character development. I hope we get one of those soon. Do NOT like Debbi's weave she was sporting in the infomercial, I hope it doesn't make its way into the show but I'm sure it will.

Colby was a highlight again. Still liking JR and Cara. BYE CELIA.

OMG Evelyn's back in the next episode, yay!

• Members

OMG David said bullsh!t! Yay they can still say that word I guess

I wish Liza was around, sigh. Thanks for those caps, Cheap! I miss Jamie Luner.

I didn't realize Colby and Liza moved around constantly, was that addressed in the ABC show? Was Adam constantly trying to get Colby back?

WHAT was with the editing with the Zach, Miranda and Lea scenes? So choppy and strange. I'm guessing they cut the

and that was part of the reason.

I sense something brewing with a Billy Clyde/Celia connection in his scenes with Pete. Too bad

• Members

We're still on comparing Jesse's criminal behavior to a young man who was committing no crimes the night he was killed by an overzealous lunatic?

I'm sure Jesse's halo will remain intact, but I'm delighted beyond words that Tad the tool isn't around to make excuses.

It's amazing that a white man like David has to pay over and over for his crimes AND remain a pariah, yet Jesse can continually cover up the crimes of his inner circle, bury his own baby in a hole, keep on lying to his wife, never learn his lesson, and only just now finally have to face some sort of penalty.

The funny thing is, now that I can see Jesse is going to pay at least somewhat, I can root for him to redeem himself and truly grow from this experience.

• Members

No, I'm not a David worshipper nor am I anti-Jesse. I'm a longtime viewer who saw David blamed for his crimes while Jesse was praised regardless of what he'd done the past few years under previous bad head writers.

I've been watching this show since 1980 and I remember when Jesse cheated on Angie with Yvonne Caldwell, which you've apparently blacked out. He also loved his family so much he moved out of the house in 1988 rather than live with Cindy because he thought he'd get AIDS from her. Our original Jesse is back, the flawed man who makes bad decisions sometimes like everybody else. I'm sorry if that doesn't match the show you've been watching that exists only in your own mind.

• Members

My husband is Black and I am white. Been married over 40 years now so our vision is significantly different from majority of people out there. He is from Mississippi and I from California. We see racism from both sides of the railroad tracks. and we married 40 years ago in the state of Georgia way back. 90% of people don't have the broader vision that we have. We are colorblind and not shallow at all. Free Your Mind.

• Members
Thank you! I think the notion that black people only want to and can accept portrayals of other blacks on tv is if they are written as saints. We cant be flawed with imperfections and you know written as human? To think that Jesse should only be written through an idealistic mindset where he cant do anything less than noble and if he does, he cant be called out on it is ridiculous. Katie brought up the interesting point in that its the white man (David) that keeps paying for his sins, including getting arrested and jailed whereas Jesse, the black man, constantly gets passes. That's racisim? Give me a break!

Why oh why must it be this way

Before you can read me you gotta learn how to see me, I said

Free your mind and the rest will follow

Be color blind, don't be so shallow.

Everyone, free your minds!

• Members

While I'm thrilled that the Hubbards are front and center and stirring up so much conversation, I hope that one day we can stop letting one person's lack of perspective derail this thread week after week after week. The show deserves better, the actors and Black!Agnes deserve better and those of us who actually want to discuss the show certainly deserve better.

Archived