• Members
Angie had Krystal as a friend even after her marriage to David. They ended their run on ABC as friends as Krystal was her support during her pregnancy and blindness. As for now, I guess Dixie is a placeholder and they've told us they are friends but the show has done a poor job of actually showcasing that

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See I always thought of Krystal as the placeholder for Dixie. Not in the context of Angie but on the show in general. Personally I don't need to ever hear about her again. I agree that we could see more of Dixie and Angie's friendship although as Cassandra's therapist that could be problematic for Dixie. Since our options are so limited maybe it would be nice to pull Jane out of her coffee shop (assuming she wouldn't simply de-materialize like a holodeck character) and have her and Opal give Angie a little support, maybe take her shopping and out to lunch

It would be nice if we got a retail establishment set similar to Myrtle's boutique. I miss that type of location especially now with the gala coming up. Myrtle's was always the place women would bump into each other and it would've made a lot more sense than Colby's dayplayer dressmaker with the bad French accent. That scene of Lea talking to Miranda about her hair while Zach looked on would've also made a lot more sense in a boutique than at the coffee house.

I know, I know...I'm being greedy. Let's just get to the next round of taping then maybe some of that Oprah money can help us out.

(Oh and Zach is TOTALLY falling in love with Jesse. tongue.png Lea only wishes Zach looked at her the way he looks at Jesse.)

• Members

LOL and yet you have claimed over and over that OLTL is the more successful reboot due to its cast--though frankly I'm not sure if you've actually been watching or not.

Finally watched the episodes. I really don't have much to add (this is my main prob with the current viewing schedule--I feel like all discussion has been exhausted by the time I'm done.) Good stuff. I felt like something was missing with the Billy Clyde/Petey scene, but I suppose it's leading up to somewhere, but it feels like someone should have heard he is in Cortland Manor--I mean even Joe knows now... But I guess they're still playing that.

I admit, for half a second after last week's More I was worried they were going back on the Cass abortion and it would turn out she didn;t get one--a story I would not want to see (her raising a crack baby born of rape, I mean.) But it was superbly handled (I also appreciated the comments mainly from Debbi and Ginger on the More episode about the storyline--Ginger outright said that the writers felt extremely strongly that this fetus was not viable for Cassie to keep.)

• Members

LOL! Now you know I'm not against it. If David wants to lay her out in a field of daffodils and work that Dr. Evil mojo all over her, you'll be able to open your window and hear me cheering. But right now, I stick with the above as my bet.

Shhhh... I'm hoping they'll ease the language back in a little at a time. Hopefully I'll get my potty mouth AJ back in a few weeks.

• Members

There was a bullshit on OLTL a week or two ago, IIRC - I may be wrong. They've let a few slip here and there on the shows, which makes me happy.

David and Angie is basically my reason to live tbh. Actually, the whole show is great and has many promising couples, but David and Angie is the Grail for me.

• Members

It'd be a hell of a lot better than David and MasCara. I'm still torn between enjoying David and Colby and dealing with the "ew" factor over him having delivered her as a baby, but either way, I don't see it being a long-term relationship.

I think Angie might be TOO good for David though. I think he needs someone who can bring out the good in him and keep him from being a one-note villian, who can help him be happy and who can also scheme and plot with the best of them because David is always going to have an angle he's working or a plan he wants to implement, and I think he needs someone who isn't afraid to push the envelope. I'm not sure Angie is that person, but like I said, I'd take her over MasCara.

• Members

Angie and David. NOT. Angie throwing away her bible, Angie losing her faith, her convictions, her religion. Angie losing her childrens respect for her. Frankie would always say, "Stop with the God talk mom" and so Angie would lose respect of her children and maybe they will walk out on her and not speak to her. Angie would be discredited and lose her upstanding reputation of the hospital. Joe would get the hospital board to vote her out as Chief Of Staff kicking her out of the hospital. The patients trust would be gone and lost forever. The citizens of Pine Valley would laugh in her face and call her the worst hypocrite among other things. Everything Angie fought for and believed in would be destroyed, including her own self.

In the 2011 ABC run, she specifically told David that she would not sell her soul to him even in the face of David curing her of her blindness. She would draw the line. So Angie selling her soul to Dr. Evil would be the absolute destruction of the character of Angela Hubbard. She would be damaged and ruined by the writers.

• Members

What I don't understand is why Angie should be crucified for one little dalliance with David, yet you give Jesse a free pass to do just about anything to hurt Angie. Not bullying, just wondering as to why only half of your so-called beloved couple has to get the heat for every mistake while the other gets off scot-free.

• Members

Um, melodramatic much? If Angie's children would stop speaking to her and cut her off because she had problems in her marriage and became involved with David, then their love for her is clearly conditional, and they shouldn't expect unconditional love and suppor from her in return. Considering that Frankie fathered a child out of wedlock with Mia and then married a former prostitute, I don't think he's in a position to judge his mother's love life. Natalia isn't Angie's daughter, she's Jesse's, and Jesse has done plenty of things to earn her scorn. Cassandra is busy trying to cope with her own issues to really even notice what Angie is doing.

If the hospital board wanted to fire her because of a romantic involvement with David Hayward, they'd have a massive lawsuit on their hands for wrongful termination. Most patients don't have any idea what's going on in their doctor's personal lives, so there's no reason for that to even be an issue.

The citizens of Pine Valley are the worst hypocrites already, so them calling Angie a hypocrite would mean absolutely zilch. In fact, Angie's own friend Dixie cheated on her husband with David Hayward, so she's in no position to cast stones. Cara lied to David about the existence of his only living child, so she's not in a position to hate Angie for being a liar or a cheat. JR shot his wife. Brooke shot and killed Jim Thomason for threatening to go after her children and had an affair with Tad. Bianca went behind her sister's back to have a baby with her brother-in-law. Adam's list of misdeeds is a mile long, and Zach's isn't much better. Really, I think Angie's reputation will be just fine.

Archived