Y&R: July 2013 Discussion

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phillip was more useful had he remained straight. There was nowhere to take the gay story and considering all the story that naturally comes from his return, it was stupid. He still had chemistry with Tricia Cast, so I think they should've tried to reunite those two and make a new branch of the Chancellor family. That entire revival was a disaster. Chance was poorly cast and conceived, they wasted Nina AND Phillip and Cane should've been written off years ago. I'd also add that Chloe has been wasted, since she's never seen with Esther and has become so bland and different from when the character was actually popular.

• Members

Phillip was fine as a gay character. They even had a person that they could gave paired him with in Rafe that the viewers already knew and cared about. And as for Nina, they could have had her still having feelings for him while watching him fall for Rafe. It would be realistic and almost written itself. But no, the conservatives at Y&R have no real interest in having gay couples. They would put Neil in a real romance with a white woman first.

Cane needs to go.

• Members

I'm not saying not to have a gay character on Y&R, but it was ridiculous to make Phillip gay when he had so much more baggage to deal with. And also with his age, I wouldn't have been interested in seeing him with Rafe anyway. I definitely think there would be more story to make Chance gay. They'd be able to put him in a compatible pairing with Rafe and have a chance at a successful relationship.

On the subject of the snooze-inducing current Y&R, has Leslie Stevens premiered yet? I tried to watch yesterdays episode on CBS.com, but it kept freezing.

• Members

CBS.com is a highly unfortunate site. I can't believe it belongs to a major broadcasting entity. I tried to watch yesterday and it was terrible! They now have a direct feedback link, instead of making you search for it like they did last time I visited the site but the actual streaming is as horrendous as ever. I don't like to use the word 'tragic' unless the situation merits this but CBS.com's website, especially the streaming is almost painful to navigate. Anyone who has complaints about Hulu, should spend a half an hour trying to watch a stream of Y&R.

I think CBS/Sony is trying to muscle people into using that new App for iPad/iPhone but I have a Windows 7 based PC. Apparently, you need a Windows 8 PC (which I refused to get as my laptop is only 2 years old and I prefer Windows7) now too. Why they cannot simply upgrade the CBS.com site, I will never know. I'm guessing they're getting something from those messaging fees that they slip in there.

Archived