May 27-31, 2013: Great Week For Soaps; DAYS Hits 2 Year High

Toups

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of the reasons I'm all for promoting Broderick, that yes while Tomlin does deserve credit for this week's material, he is the HW afterall, I don't want history repeating itself with the show going into another slump after the climax of two of its major storylines. The year that the baby switch happened DAYS hit unbelievable lows after the story had climaxed with Tomlin in charge, and maybe with the inclusion of someone new(and with some experience as well) that won't happen again (and maybe she could rid the show of some of the negatives such as the pairing of Dannifer).

But if Broderick doesn't want a higher position then that's okay too, I hope DAYS does everything to keep her in the very least on the writing team.

To be honest this reminds me of when David Kreizman first took over as HW on GL, and Broderick's presence on that writing team really helped ground some of DK's ideas until she left and then it was all downhill from there.

• Members

As I said. I'm an irregular watcher. It's not must see for me, but when I do watch I really like it. So as a representative of the casual viewers club, I don't really find it boring. I really like the Dylan/Chelsea/Adam triangle the most.

• Members

It did? & networks do look at the full ratings report. It got a huge bump in viewers & while it didn't get a big jump in demos it was still up verses last year in demos. Also, all these months GH's ratings have been up its demos have remained flat but people were still saying it got a huge bump. Lol

• Members

Congrats again to Days ...I am liking new JJ as an addition to the cast.....as for Lorraine as HW of Days...I am fine with her where she is at...if she is going to be head writer I'd rather have her as a co-head writer of the show.

• Members

Wow. I didn't realize that. I posted the NBC PR on another site, but didn't actually read the release. I just assumed the huge increase (/great news) was across the board, including the demos. So, basically 303,000 of the 314,000 increased viewers were in the 50+ age range? Again, wow.

• Members

All I am saying is its showing Broderick is worth her wait in gold. Yes tomlin and white sells ideas but Broderick is creating the deepness, dialogue and giving us those moments we love. I know Lorraine has turned head writing gigs. Heck she turned Amc for 12 years. I just hope we don't lose her at DAYS

• Members

Purdy dang solid week for GH too! Last in total viewers but still up week-to-week and year-to-year, with growth in Women 18-34 especially year-to-year (up week-to-week too), and Women 18-49 up both week-to-week and year-to-year as well.

About Tomlin, Whitesell, and Broderick, they all worked together before at OLTL, and work together now as a team, so there is no reason to have to "promote" her for her to be heard. Broderick, and most of the writing staff, are all Tomlin people right now. He's worked with some of these people since the early 80s and he takes them along with him, people like the Cullitons and David Cherrill. What they are doing is working so don't rock the boat. I agree Broderick deserves a lot of credit though and some of her trademark umbrella storytelling and pacing are there.

The danger is if they get rid of Tomlin and Whitesell for someone else who doesn't like Broderick.

Archived