May 27-31, 2013: Great Week For Soaps; DAYS Hits 2 Year High

Toups

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't do predictions. I just don't think much will change.

NBC seems excited.

'Days Of Our Lives' DELIVERS ITS BIGGEST WOMEN 18-49 VIEWERSHIP IN 18 MONTHS AND ITS LARGEST OVERALL AUDIENCE IN MORE THAN TWO YEARS

For the week of May 27-31, ‘Days’ jumps vs. the same week last year by 21% in the women 18-49 demo and 28% in the women 25-54 category

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – June 6, 2013 – “Days Of Our Lives” has attracted its biggest women 18-49 audience in 18 months and generated its top total-viewer result in more than two years, according to “live plus same day” viewing figures for the week of May 27-31 from Nielsen Media Research.

For the week, "Days Of Our Lives" averaged a 1.0 rating, 7 share among women 18-49 and a 0.6 rating among women 18-34, tying it for #4 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tying it for #3 in the women 18-34 race. Note that Monday results are excluded from the week’s averages due to the Memorial Day holiday.

"Days" generated its biggest women 18-49 audience (645,000) in the last 18 months (since the week of November 21-25, 2011, 703,000). In total viewers, "Days'" 2.827 million persons last week was the show's biggest overall audience in more than two years (since the week of January 31-February 4, 2011, 3.030 million).

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/06/06/days-of-our-lives-delivers-its-biggest-women-18-49-viewership-in-18-months-and-its-largest-overall-audience-in-more-than-two-years/186187/

• Members

DAYS went up by about 400,000 viewers this week & it was well deserved!! This show has been excellent. Great acting, performances, writing. The show has been a well written, character driven soap opera. Also as of late the production of DAYS has been good. I am assuming GH will be dead last this week & it is VERY well deserved. The show is such a cheesy, discombobulated mess! Very poor directing & acting and writing.

• Members

DAYS ability to pull in those viewers even after being written off so many times is impressive. I hope they may manage to work out their storytelling issues enough to where they may be able to keep more of the viewers, but it's still great that they are doing this at all. It's especially nice because they have writers who don't go around getting their ass kissed 24/7, they have writers who don't essentially sneer at the daytime genre and see it as a big joke. And they don't rely on OLTL's most overrated actors to keep them going.

• Members

Never. Most of the people who say this stuff about saving the genre don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about daytime, they just want to look cool and act like they're kingmakers.

DAYS has so many BTS issues thanks to Sony, Corday, whoever, but I will always roll my eyes at those who act like Tomlin or Lorraine Broderick or Whitesell aren't good enough compared to hacks like MAB or Ron.

• Members

The ones who can act, such as Finola Hughes, Ian Buchanan, and Lynn Herring, are rarely on. The ones who can't act, such as the younger newbies and the OLTL 3, are on 5 days a week. Obviously, the young newbies were hired for their looks and not their acting skills.

• Members

So excited for DAYS. This is SO well deserved! As everyone has said.... the writing, directing, and acting have ALL been ON TARGET!! Respecting history, staying true to character, character driven story in umbrella storylines that cover the entire cast. If there are any old Days fans who aren't watching.. tune in!!! This is the best I have seen Days in years and years!!

• Members

I let my computer record it last week, so I may watch it at some point, but there are still way too many things that I hate about Days to make me want to return as a daily viewer. If it was as simple as my loathing of the vile Elvis/Sami rapemance, I could handle just fast forwarding through those parts, but it's not that. Wake me when the DiMeras are no longer the main family in town and when Daniel is gone. Until then I'll settle for catching the odd clip here and there of characters that I can still stomach.

Archived