May 27-31, 2013: Great Week For Soaps; DAYS Hits 2 Year High

Toups

• Members

This is MUCH deserved for Days, the soap that everyone likes to ignore, write off and act like is beneth them.

Days has been solid soap for months now. It built this entire storyline last fall when Will slept with Gabi and people flipped out over it, bringing Nick into the fold and having his issues with Will and Sonny helped the story add a new layer as they weaved almost every character in canvas in and out of the story. It all built to a big, cliched in the best way climax with the kidnapping and isolating will/nick and gabi/sonny as truth came out and the baby was born. And it didnt stop there, because their other lead story climaxed the next week with Kristen.

Now, if they can keep it going is the question. I hope so.

yeah, I love LB and think she is a big asset to the show, but I think that GT is being written off here when he shouldnt be.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good for DAYS, but I'm very shocked at how many viewers the Jeanne Cooper special got. I wasn't expecting that, but it shows what a powerful and popular actress Jeanne Cooper was. She really was the star of Y&R until the end.

• Members

For the record, I too am very happy for the Days fans... I too can't stomach Ejami and the shoddy treatment Lucas got, and my frustration extends to the absence of Matt, Peter, and others... maybe someday they'll be back and I can return to Salem on a daily basis.

• Members

Yes Tomlin and Whitesell are co-head writers but u can't tell me that Broderck's writing hasn't been all over last week. The fabulous dialogue and wonderful beats of storyline. Broderick is a miracle worker she came in 2009 to help Agnes after Pratt's garbage and turned it around only for Frons to not use her and hire Donna/David who stunk. Then she came back only for it to be announced ABC was cancelling the show. Lorriane Broderick was supposed to be head writer of DAYS in late 90's when she and Tom Langan didn't mix they axed her. A Broderick moment is one where u can cry your eyes out, feel depth beyond belief. Its no secret Tomlin/Whitesell/Broderick all worked together for 2 years at OLTL. They all apparently love each other. I really believe that what I am seeing is alot of Lorriane's influence that Ken should be offering her a co-head writer position. If not then any other soap should pick her up. Could you see Lorriane at another soap or don't want to lose her at DAYS?

• Members

1. To echo everyone else, you are shortchanging Tomsell.

2. I'd argue the lack of Dena Higley and her poison pen has more effect than Broderick's presence

3. EricMontreal22 stated in another thread Loraine doesn't want a HW gig and is happy where she is.

4. Are you her agent?

Archived