May 27-31, 2013: Great Week For Soaps; DAYS Hits 2 Year High

Toups

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lot of people don't care about story if it means they can gawk at Roger Howarth or Michael Easton. Considering all the press hype I'm surprised it wasn't higher.

I think it will take a lot of work before DAYS has a shift in younger demos. Their young characters are all a little disconnected from reality, and they don't have any real mid-20s/early 30s group. Hopefully that can change. They have some great actors to work with.

• Members

Just because some people with strong personalities can't stand Cartini or can't stand the OLTL3 doesn't mean people who like the show don't care about story.

The story is fine; it gives a lot of prominence to the Quartermaines (by this I mean AJ, Michael, Tracy, and Monica - not just the new Q's) and their feelings about each other as well as others who they love. It also features other characters such as Sonny, Carly, and Sam,. And I didn't notice a lot of press hype.

• Members

Seriously, do you need a description of the events of the plot, the conflicts, the protagonists, the obstacles that have been overcome, the decisions characters have made and implemented as a result of events, and the obstacles that appear on the horizon?

There's a difference between not liking a story and there not being a story.

In addition to plot, there have also been great character moments in the Quartermaines' relations to each other and reactions after finding out about Michael's rape.

• Members
There's no point in giving a particular explanation because it will all be rewritten in 3-6 months anyway. Most of what I see is a confusing rush to bring in pet OLTL actors.
As I said, if you're enjoying it, I'm happy. That's what matters.

Archived