Y&R: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Just a feeling I get, not that that = scientific proof or anything. :lol:

Morrow/Case probably are/were quite close all these years, but it is also clear that Morrow and Stafford really hit it off, and she is friends with his wife, too.

JM is kind of between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the Phick and Shick fanbases. He knows it is in his interest to support both pairings, and the triangle in general. And he does try to make that distinction in interviews because liking one does not necessarily rule out liking the other (or, indeed, being close friends with Michelle Stafford does not rule out being close with Sharon Case, too).

However, I think he really got a buzz from working with MS and his heart probably leans more towards Phick. Just the impression I get.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does MTS really think JG and JFP sit on twitter reading everyone's tweets? And I hate that she's saying it's about the vets airtime. It's ot about the vets airtime because Beth, Tracy, and Christian are getting more airtime then they've got in years. It's about her airtime.

• Members

I think there should be a balance between the veterans and the newbies.. however, it seems like the veterans on this show have more say over story/content hence why some aspects never evolve/change (i.e. Victor/Jack, Nikki/Victor, etc).

It's good to have consistency, but sometimes if you keep rerunning the same Victor always wins story it eventually loses any impact.

• Members

Y&R has too many actors who are wannabe writers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the egos on this show are astronomical. You would think they were doing Chekhov or Shakespeare!

I'm no fan of SBu but it's sad to see these long time actors scrapping on social media, trying to mark territory.

Could you imagine how much better this show could've been if everyone just did their jobs and were confident in what they were doing irrespective of fanbase wars?

• Members

^

Exactly. Too many people wanting to be in writer's room or trying to run the ship. I won't give it too much longer that these Twitter rants will occur before JFP cracks the whip on their asses. One thing I can say about Jill is that she doesn't not let the actors dictate her show, and I can respect her for that.

I just find it odd though that VR's costars peg her as looney when the main ones (CK, MTS, MS) that did are going about doing the same antics she does . . . using social media in hopes of driving the hands that steer the wheel (TPTB). I'm just waiting for the day that PB comes out doing the same. . . . whistling.jpg

• Members

Watching today's episode online (on CBS.com's very unfortunate player), I've decided that not only were MS and JM not putting out any effort in those scenes with HK and SC but they're not even trying in their scenes with each other.

Talk about boring. Even Chloe and Kevin's scenes were more interesting (marginally) than Nick and Phyllis'.

• Members

As much as I like MTS, that is classless to retweet something that calls out fellow cast members. I'd be a little more forgiving if it just said more vets, but not fair to name names. It's funny how these vets forget that they were "newbies" at one time - that's the nature of the soaps. Moreover, it's not like either actor hasn't put their years in the industry. We're not talking "fresh-faced" hair models.

Archived