Maria Arena Bell disses JFP's Y&R in SOD

• Members

Lol good point but they actually represent the beginning of this story:

yr21.jpg

It seemed whenever Malcolm was actually on-screen he'd be making sandwiches or some type of food for everyone and had an off-screen romance at the time, when he wasn't making sandwiches...it was a running joke for the potpourri threads we use to have.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO. I am howling with laughter now, I have to stifle my laughter so no one hears I'm in hear laughing!

Other than the Lauren/Carmine and Michael storyline, yes, JG has a tendency to bore and at times JFP has been off the mark but I've yet to see anything as horribly offensive as the dreck that I had to turn away from when MAB was the HBIC, uh, I mean Head Writer.

Simply put, she couldn't write. Her storylines had little redeeming qualities. I found little to enjoy about it. I had to stop watching when it got so unbearably bad. I would send this to her in e-mail if I gave too sh*ts what she thought.

As Ms. Jackson once sang- "...man, don't make me lose it!'

• Members

The thing usually u leave a job or if u got fired moved on. If I got fired I wouldn't watch a single second of the show. Maria bell is so self entitled because she's so rich and her pals are so rich. She hangs out on rodeo drive sipping champagne with her museum buds. JFP is a major bitch but I will say she has had some brilliant moments in her career. She worked from top to bottom in this Indusyry and the Teflon queen. So she had it good with Steve kent that how jobs are offered. U think anyone would turn down opportunity to be exec producer of number 1 soap. I remember when Jill was fired at Gh/Abc she never cams out bashing them. In fact when she won her Emmy she give frank kudos and told him to keep it going. She can be one of the most horrible bitches ever but she earned and worked her up in the biz she wasn't handed a job because she was a bell and rich. I think a lot of Maria's good stuff was due to Paul rauch who quit and show fell bad.

• Members

I must admit by the time Sophia and nuMalcolm were on the show, I'd stopped watching. So missed that part. Also missed Carly, uh, I mean nu/younger Diane and that prized scene of Victor throwing her out of an ambulance. What a gem!

I'd had enough seeing of seeing Adam crawl around as a mediocre cross dresser, Sharon bedding like what...three dudes in the space of what, a week? I'm sure Gloria Steinem would love to give MAB an award or something.nbe.jpg Gave Phyllis a chance to get up on a high perch and look down on someone. Wow, what genius? Why no one ever made comparisons between the Bill Bell Sr. and the great Maria Arena Bell...well, I guess we'll leave that ones to the historians to figure out.

An oh, don't forget the 5,000 weddings that she wrote (supposedly). Real, once in a lifetime, significant occasions--not cheapened from overuse at all.wink.png

I'm sure there'll be a Lifetime Achievement award with her name on it soon enough.ph34r.png

• Members

U know what I would love to see if MAB was going to the Emmys and her and Jill both walked up and Jill had to give the speech for the win with Maria standing right next to her. How classic would that be? U can tell she would want to kill her. Lol

• Members

I have said it and will say it again, MAB belongs in soap hell for killing Brad, Colleen, and inflicting irreparable damage to Y&R. She shaved two years or more off the show's future. She is so spoilt, entitled, and blind that she cannot even recognize and acknowledge how she ruined the show.

However, I will take this opportunity to say a big fat "I told you so" to all the people on this board who were fawning all over MAB when she was hired because she was a "Bell" and apparently meant that Bill Bell's vision and talent would enter her brain through osmosis. Then, when her work first appeared on screen and it was complete rubbish, Victor wandering around a modern art museum with Sabrina, I posted that it was obvious that she did not understand soap operas and that she was rich spoilt woman using it to indulge her passion, folks here actually defended her. *shakes head*

Archived