Maria Arena Bell disses JFP's Y&R in SOD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maria needs to hold a mirror to her face b/c she is one deluded clown. Everything she claims in wrong with Y&R now is what was wrong with her version of Y&R. Her show was flat. Her interpretation of the characters were REALLY unrecognizable and to think that she put out stellar material just shows how stupid she is. Any hack that thinks multiple doppelgängers (i.e. Phyllis/Sheila, John/Allistar, & William/Jeffery), numerous retcons, and a damn chipmunk story is not "golden" age material. Maria needs to stick her head and hands and in blinder and get someone to press the power button b/c the witch is worthless.

• Members

I just noticed that she actually said "my vision." Remember when she said that back in 2009 when the soap press was kissing her pashmina posterior 24/7? I could never stand the stench she brought to Y&R. I think those articles disappeared but they tell you just how delusional she was and how she was enabled by people who should have known better.

• Members

Thank you. She ruined Ricky, who could've been a potential long time bad boy in Y&R. She of course made him her psycho of the month. mad.gif I still wish Maria's stupid a** around that time would've: 1) Kept Paul mad at Nikki after she left him at the altar for Victor, thus making him have a growing disdain for all things Newman 2) Brought Ricky to town and have him fall for Abby while pissing Paul off 3) Built a strong sibling bond with Heather & Ricky b/c they were both neglected by Paul 4) Played Paul v. Victor with Ricky & Abby in the middle. Killing Ricky off was just stupid and IMO made Paul even more worthless.

Then to go on and have Paul not want to pursue Phyllis running him and Cricket down, an event that played a pivotal role in their marriage, is unforgivable.

Oh and while I am on this rant, this trick wants to talk about giving up golden material but she character assassinated two of Y&R's greatest heroines: Sharon & Ashley. Ashley became nothing but a "talk-to" and a shrew; meanwhile, Sharon became the town slut. And while IDC for Nikki (Lizzy Borden-esque granny) Newman, she demolished her too by having her kill Diane.

Maria just needs to open her coffin in lie in it b/c the b*tch is dead.

• Members

I hate how Maria wrote Abby too. I ALWAYS wanted Abby to give Nikki grief like Victoria gave Ashley all those years--to give Nikki a dose of her own medicine. Maria started off doing this but quickly made Abby a Team Nikki card carrying member angry.png . That whole killing Diane mystery was gruesome and slap in the face to Maura West & Barbara Bloom, who wanted Maura on Y&R. I still don't believe that this woman worked under the Bill Bell. I say that about his son too but he shows his moments on B&B where you can tell. Maria, I saw no Bell-esque moments with her at helm. If she worked under Bill Bell, clearly she wasn't taking notes. She was too busy focused on MOCA and being a socialite. closedeyes.jpg

• Members

Nothing Phelps and Griffith have done so far has been offensive or unwatchable. Sure it can be boring and lacking good rhythm but some of it holds my interest and as mediocre as they can be it says a lot that we have Chelsea, Avery, and Leslie(not mediocre!) as leading heroines as opposed to Phyllis, Chloe, Daisy and the other ilk.

yrsquare-2.jpg

yr_phyllis_goes_dumpster_diving_04.jpg

yr_the_end_of_skye_skye_12.jpg

colleen.jpg

yr8.jpg

yr7.jpg

yr10.jpg

yr9.jpg

yr_sarah_revealed_sarah6.jpg

71237745.jpg

sandwiches.jpg

All of it UNFORGIVABLE and that is only the tip of the iceberg!!

• Members

I forgot about Patty and the stuffed kitty. That is another character that was trashed by MAB. Patty hadn't been seen since the mid 80s, but it would have given Paul some family.. plus given Jack/Diane a character to play against. Except they turned her into a cartoon psycho instead of the wounded, misguided girl that she was in the 1980s.

Archived