Maria Arena Bell disses JFP's Y&R in SOD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uhh yes. I would go as far as saying that MAB made the show so unwatchable and cheesy that it was worse than anything JFP ever did. If you don't believe me read up on Y&R and the character history. Get a feel of how this once golden show was, watch some old clips, then watch MAB's Y&R & I promise you will change your mind on who is worse because its definitely MAB.

• Members

blink.png

MAB killing off Liz Foster was akin to Phelps killing off Bridgit on AW; killing off Hope was akin to killing off Maureen. The deaths of Colleen, Jana, and Diane were as in insulting as the death of Frankie Frame. Bringing Genie Francis to Y&R was as bad if not worse than bringing Marcy Walker to GL. Ross/Howie on GL was fun; Patty/Emily, Lauren/Sarah, Cane/Caleb were not.

So yes, MAB DID do the same amount of damage if not more and far worse.

• Members

I'll be honest in saying that I have more knowledge of bootleg Janet Wood's destruction of GH than I do of MAB's tenure at Y&R. While I'm sure (from what I've read of the show post-2007) that MAB'd made a mess of Y&R (of which I'm sure I'll find to be true if I followed your advice and looked up her Y&R), the fuckery that bootleg Janet Wood made of GH and OLTL (and from what I've been told of AW and GL) is in a disastrous league of its own.

• Members

Oh, I'm not begrudging anyone for believing that MAB sucked donkey balls at all, let alone debating it or how she cheapened the show. I'm simply saying that what I've read of her worst is no way comparable to what I've seen bootleg Janet Wood do and what old-schoolers have told me about her ass.

Frankly, I'm with the first poster that I responded to (whose name escapes me at the moment - my apologies) on high-fiving anyone who roasts that showkiller over the coals, as that is how much I loathe what she'd done over the past almost-fifteen years.

• Members

My issue isn't so much JFP's track record (when I look back, I can see that her GL, while not something I enjoyed, was not always terrible in the 93-95 years...but I think she was pretty destructive at OLTL and AW), it's that MAB is opening her mouth about this at all. It just shows how petty she is, IMO. Say what you will about LML and Lechowick, they never went around trashing MAB, and this was someone who, unlike JFP, practically sang from the rooftops about how she was going to dismantle everything they'd done.

Archived