AMC: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 Discussion

• Members

I'm not saying don't comment on it, as you have. But when some posters are repeatedly haranguing about it like this is the issue that will bring down the show, it's just a little bit of an eyeroll.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately, I think Hunter is here for the foreseeable future. He'll be a spoiler to AJ/Miranda (watch him develop "real" feelings for her) and a thorn in AJ's side.

I also think Miranda will push AJ toward Heather (and regret it once AJ develops feelings for her). The only question I have is whether Heather helped Miranda to help Miranda or if she did it to get introduced to AJ.

• Members

I loved the episode. Finally the Celia/Pete relationship is getting interesting--I love her weird freak outs with that guy, and I liked how her reaction continued (got worse?) while Pete got angry and oblivious.

Heather actually kinda didn't annoy me--in small doses I think she's decent--I knew kinda awkward teens like her.

I wish we could somehow get Dixie integrated into the Billy Clyde story soon.

I kinda LOLed when Brooke finally realized they left the decanters of booze right out in the open. I remember one time Adam got rid of them for JR, but mostly I love how soap operas always show any semi wealthy family having those bottles of booze sitting out, and often are oblivious to the fact that said family has alcoholics (or teenagers, for that matter) running around by them. I don't think I knew any families (and due to my school as a teen I had a lot of very well off friends) who kept decanters of booze around the living room.

• Members

Interesting, he has a decent resume--OLTL and a regular role on Oz. According to his official website his two current credits are AMC and "Dad who buys booze for his kids" on the ABC show What Would You Do LOL--here he is in the clip http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/video/dad-pressures-underage-son-buy-alcohol-17410461?fb_action_ids=4116121335215&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=.UG-UQ-gXv6I.like&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582 Ha on his resume he lists AMC being a web soap on Soap Net lol http://www.leifriddell.com/resume.html

Agreed--but it looks like we will get an expansion of sets with the more recent episodes.

• Members

No kidding--I know it's a weekly, 10 (?) episode drama, but The Haves and the Have Nots makes one almost wonder if Oprah regrets not getting the ABC soaps on her channel. (Apparently it might help her channel turn a profit for the first time, however.)

They did mention at least once that Cassandra is his step daughter, not daughter--before, I had wondered about that too.

100%

• Members

I was hoping for car crash w/ him. Maybe he improves, maybe not, but right now Hunteris annoying. I can see they'll go jerk jock develops real feelings away from his evil ass friends route.

She didn't bug me at all. She acts like a typical weird teen. I also said that smart bitch is probably calling MiMo over to get to know AJ. I'm betting that girl turns out to be Hunter's geek sister or cousin because he was like 'figures you 2 would be friends'.

• Members

Between the two shows, OLTL's been kind of meandering about since the Todd/cameras reveal. They've been good shows for character at OLTL, but AMC has had a much stronger last 4 eps or so (a.k.a. 2 weeks) for plot and character overall. And yesterday was a hell of a Wed-Thurs-Friday cliffhanger episode.

I thought the Pete/Celia dynamic at the end was very interesting, with him ranting at the TV. That was him in his element, and I think we'll soon see that

is a woman who ties into that side of him. Celia, of course, is likely supposed to be the 'better angel' but she's very damaged herself. That couple could finally get interesting, as opposed to Pete and their mystery being interesting.

I like Heather quite a bit. And I thought J.R. and A.J. were good. I don't know what Brooke or Adam's real stance on J.R. is, though - sometimes it sounds like they love and care for him, other times that they're very skeptical. And have Brooke and Dixie even talked about it? We haven't gotten long enough material with them to know, at least not yet. I expect we will soon. I cannot wait for

The J.R. and Cara stuff is good - but of course, it's only a matter of time before he ends up blackmailing her.

I need more of Opal, Brooke and yes, Jane. And Dixie, and Griff. And I think the scenes can be longer. Some are, some aren't. Part of it is the running time, part of it is the fast-paced format, but they can still spread the wealth a bit more. But for a first month back on-air, these kinks aren't too many to complain about. It's a damn good show to start with.

And yes - I think Oprah would and should regret not making this deal. She still could bring these shows to OWN and I think they'd fit well. She could even guest star again! But with Oprah she tends to live in her own bubble world, and I think pride is a major part of that atmosphere. She publicly denied these soaps two years ago; it would be an ego blow to reverse that now, even with her cable net barely staying above water.

• Members

This episode would've been just fine had it not been for all the [!@#$%^&*] cursing. It's to the point where it's REALLY pissing me off. I have never heard so many curse words in my life. Not in a rap song, on any cable series, a gang related movie or anything. It's just ridiculous, especially if you watch these episodes back to back. This episode had one scene with like 5 or 6 curse words, not to mention all the others. Yall might think I'm crazy for going nuts about this, but it is lazy writing, it's trying WAY too hard, it's unnatural and it takes me out of the scene.

How the hell do they expect to sell these soaps internationally with this type of language? It's like they're not thinking AT ALL. I feel these soaps are still tame on sexuality (which is more acceptable worldwide and on cable), yet they're shooting themselves in the foot with all these curse words. SMH.

This BETTER stop as time goes on.

Archived