AMC: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 Discussion

• Members

Yea, unfortunately I don't see anything in Covin that would rise to the challenge if his character had deeper writing. He'd have to go away for a good year and study acting or something.

But I don't really see the concern from some like Khan on here. I don't see them considering him as a character they were eventually gonna flesh out or anything (and surely by this point someone at the show has realized not to give him much material.......)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm concerned, because at two episodes a week, and thirty minutes an episode, I need not one story or character to waste my time. Hunter served a purpose -- he crushed Miranda's Disney Teen Princess hopes, allowing AJ to love all the hurt away -- and now, he's finished. Pick up your last paycheck at the door and have a nice day.

• Members

I'm calling foul.

Whatever one thinks or feels about Covin's performance, I don't think it's fair to lump him in with AT. According to IMDB, this is Young Mr. Covin's first acting gig. Even some of our must beloved vets have hit some bumps in this first month of shows so I don't see why this kid just starting out in the business is being roasted over the coals while conversely, Trischitta has been stinking up the screen as in the role of Jack since 2011. He's been given the chance to work with and be coached by actors that some believe are the best the genre has to offer and yet his acting is still apparently a hot bowl of ass.

Even if one doesn't like Daniel Covin's work, IMO, he hasn't earned this level of hostility.

• Members

I'm gonna have to go with Khan on this one, especially now that we're down to two episodes a week. And I understand casting was quick, but you can't tell me not a single experienced younger actor auditioned for this role?

• Members

It's worth mentioning that Andrew Trischitta is, in fact, far better than Covin these days. He's improved quite a bit in a year away. He may never be Michael Fassbender, but he is watchable, at least for me.

That said, I don't know why people are obsessing over the Covin kid. He's a terrible actor, but he is a recurring teen dayplayer. It's not like he's some pivotal plot axis. We've all seen this sort of situation before with minor roles - it's not some show-crippling issue.

And I don't know why Khan is bothering if he's only "keeping tabs" and not watching.

• Members
Its not really obsessing. If he appears in an episode and takes us out of the moment, why are we not allowed to comment on it just because YOU can overlook it.

Its not really obsessing. If he appears in an episode and takes us out of the moment, why are we not allowed to comment on it just because YOU can overlook it.

Archived