AMC: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 Discussion

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There were AT LEAST 10 curse words this episode. Between the teens, Petey and there were more in the first half of the episode. And I listen to lots of rap and watch lots of cable. You never have clunky curse words the way they constantly seem to throw them into every sentence. It's bad on OLTL too, but it feels more balanced (perhaps because their dialogue/actors are better in most cases).

I'm just so over it. It feels weird and it really is taking me out of the story. Here Darnell Williams was acting his heart out and I couldn't even pay attention. It's just cringe worthy and cheesy because it feels like they are cursing for the sake of it.

And cassadine1991, thanks for mentioning the other websoaps, because this is why I stopped watching Venice as well. Despite the high production values, it feels like these old faded soap stars just playing around. Again, the cursing is just so out of place. I think coming from a genre that is so restricted, they feel like they want to modernize and break the rules, but they always do it in the wrong way.This is a good example of that.

There were AT LEAST 10 curse words this episode. Between the teens, Petey and there were more in the first half of the episode. And I listen to lots of rap and watch lots of cable. You never have clunky curse words the way they constantly seem to throw them into every sentence. It's bad on OLTL too, but it feels more balanced (perhaps because their dialogue/actors are better in most cases).

I'm just so over it. It feels weird and it really is taking me out of the story. Here Darnell Williams was acting his heart out and I couldn't even pay attention. It's just cringe worthy and cheesy because it feels like they are cursing for the sake of it.

And cassadine1991, thanks for mentioning the other websoaps, because this is why I stopped watching Venice as well. Despite the high production values, it feels like these old faded soap stars just playing around. Again, the cursing is just so out of place. I think coming from a genre that is so restricted, they feel like they want to modernize and break the rules, but they always do it in the wrong way.This is a good example of that.

• Members

For once, it'd be nice to see a web-soap go back to what works, or at least what worked, instead of "breaking the rules." When you break the rules on purpose, you end up looking like a poseur.

• Members

Maybe we hear curse words differently? It really bothers and stands out for mein music--it doesn't (mostly) on these shows. I mean I trust that you are being honest with how you feel, but I just have anutterly different experience I suppose. I definetly notice it more when watching HBO, or FX basic cable for that matter.

• Members

A balanced cast (of older and younger actors/characters). Characters that sound intelligent, portrayed by actors who know how to perform what's NOT written on the page. Stories that are rooted in those characters and about stuff people might be able to relate to. Scenes that last longer than the time it takes you to chew a bite of food. Any number of things.

Archived