Amanda Bynes done lost her mind

Cheap21

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yet again, Amanda Bynes' parents handled her well.

She got on a plane in NYC, landed in LA, got in a waiting car...except instead of taking her to a meeting with her parents and their lawyer at a hote in Beverly Hills, as she'd expected, the car took her to a psychiatric hospital where she has been put on an involuntary psychiatric hold. It lasts, by law, for 72 hours, but I'm confident the Bynes' will secure the 14 day extension and during that time receive conservatorship over her.

The moment they lost conservatorship over Amanda she appeared to stop taking her meds, went off the rails and exhibited clearly psychologically unsound behaviour.

She needs long term drug rehab and long term lock down psychiatric care. She is a very sick woman.

• Members

I hope she can too. I've always been a big fan of Amanda Bynes. When other stars her age like, Lindsay Lohan were partying, being bad girls, etc, Amanda always kept herself together, avoided the party scene, and generally felt was a good role model for young people. It's sad to see how far she's fallen since then. I hope they can get her mental illness under control.

• Members

I hope she does too. She is really seriously ill. The problem with mental illness is, once the patient stabilizes with medication, they start thinking they don't need it, they're feeling normal after all, and they go off it, and then it starts all over again. I'm sure that's what happened with Amanda Bynes. Plus if she's doing recreational drugs and booze those interfere with psychiatric medication.

Ultimately, she needs permanent conservatorship over her because she cannot be trusted to take care of herself. She's not going to be an independent adult for years. She will be dependent on a caregiver, to one degree or another, for quite some time to sort herself out.

• Members

It's just speculation on my part, but she could be bipolar, have dissociative identity disorder, histrionic personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, depression, extreme anxiety or schizophrenia, or a combination of some of these. And she likely has addiction issues.

They're all serious. She is in big trouble. Her parents are to be commended for getting her into institutional care.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived