PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Members

Melissa Archer in her Video Interview on TOLN soaps YT page said they filmed someone in the 20's. AMC was also behind. Which is probably a reason for the reductions to 110 each. Plus both shows were working til 1 or 2am an going back at 7am

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If OLTL taped 40 episodes during their first taping cycle, then why did I see on KDP's scripts for the episodes they were taping last week from the picture she took of her scripts on her twitter account last week that they were taping the 20th episode for certain scenes, along with certain scenes for episodes 21-34, Errol?

• Members

They do film out of order. MA said they have completed 20 some episodes as of April 12th when their first cycle finished. She said they had other scenes and would finish up some when they began filming may 20th. With the episode reduction this should help get on track.

Plus Jill Larson said with the June 17-Aug 12 no filming break , the film schedule has been adjusted & the shows film thru November 2013 now.

• Webmaster

That doesn't add up, but who am I to disagree with an actor? LOL. Although Alicia Minshew did film the last day from the two weeks of episodes AMC filmed, and we've yet to see her air... So, being that this week is episode 15-16 and Eden Riegel is still on (she wasn't here for the second batch of filming, was she?), AMC obviously filmed more than 12 episodes in its first two weeks.

• Members

AMC is also filming out of order. I think they filmed a lot with Eden & are stretching her scenes out. Im sure when Kendall appears Binks will leave PV for a while. Eden said in that tOLN interview that she will back

They did hope to film 10 shows a week but thats not happening or wasnt so like I said probally added to the deciion to air twice and week & cut episode order to 110 episodes per soap

• Members

I'm sure they filmed scenes/episodes out of order.. but I'm wondering if perhaps they didn't film enough scenes to complete the first 40 total episodes of OLTL?

Plus, the Lea M. character came on in the 8th or 9th episode.. and the actress wasn't cast/started filming until AMC 2nd round of filming.

• Members

right right I agree soaplovers that basically what MA said they didnt have all the scenes finished and were onna catch up with this round of filming.

Plus AMC was short on completed episodes. But they supposedly caught up. They even shot 156 pages one day the week of May 13th

• Members

I'm glad they've begun adding new sets, since they started up so quickly and only had time for a few.

The first thing they can do is give the Montgomery girls a house. Followed by Dixie, and maybe at least one other restaurant. I've already commented on a few of the sets OLTL could use. Also, the cop shop looks almost exactly like Bo's office from OLTL - fix it.

• Members

Bear in mind, of course, most of us (who met for the first time on the now-defunct Buzz board) have relationships with GUIDING LIGHT that stretch back to before the advent of the Internet, when TPTB didn't cater specifically to this-or-that couple and/or their fans. Among our group are early Phillip/Beth fans, and Beth/Lujack fans, and Josh/Reva fans, and Kyle/Reva fans, and so forth. However, what we all have in common is the fact that we didn't stop watching GL or enjoyed it any less just because a particular couple were not together anymore, or in many cases, were no longer on the show. Throughout the '80's and early '90's, GL, along with AS THE WORLD TURNS, was not about couples and fanbases. GL was a soap for folks who wanted just strong, emotional, character-driven drama that centered on family and community.

• Members

At the risk of having another, um, pleasant conversation with you: don't you dare paint all GUIDING LIGHT fans, especially ones I have known for years, with the same, broad brush. The actions of one unhinged individual do not speak for everyone with whom that particular show holds a special place in their hearts -- no more than your frankly arrogant and judgmental remarks should speak for all fans of AMC and OLTL, thank God -- and they never will.

• Members

I was a big GL fan, i remember watching GL live since my grade school let out right around 2:00 and I got home by 2:15 PM. I remember the 4 Musketeers, Beth/Lujack, Reva/Kyle, Alexandra, HB, Billy/Vanessa, Tony/Annabelle (I even remember when Hilary Bauer was killed in that explosion and how pissed my mom was for the show killing her off.. I was 4 at the time).

I know my mom was a big Billy/Vanessa fan.. but she kind of liked him with Nadine and her with Matt. She didn't stop watching the show until Maureen was killed off.. but that's a topic for another message board LOL

Archived