PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Members

It might be that the daytime ratings uptick for OLTL wasn't counting SoapNet viewing or online viewing at ABC.com, which might have been higher for AMC. All we know is that AMC has been the one doing consistently better on Hulu so far.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a rotating ad. It's not like someone is deciding which ad to show. It's just code. Please, let's not go back to the days of the OLTL red-headed stepchild inferiority complex. This isn't ABC anymore. As for AMC getting more views that could've been a simple as the alphabet. If people chose to watch AMC first because it was at the top of their queue then it would always be a few ahead of OLTL. Until we know the actual number of views for each show, it's pointless to try to compare them.

• Members

I think the reason AMC's ratings are slightly higher is because it's the show with a more familiar brand name, so when promoting them, viewers are more likely to flock to it. With OLTL on ABC it was always the show that had to fend for itself and prove it was worthy of viewers, it was never really the critical darling. I'm sure it'll eventually do better as the stories kick in.

• Members

Come on @AllMyChildren & @OneLifeToLive fans, dont pay any attention to this @ThSoapWhisperer This person doesnt know anything. Jeff & Rich from PP & @TOLN arefully committed to making these shows a success for years to come. #OLTL is still filming and New #AMC co-head writer, Chip tweeted he spent hours with Lisa Connor & Agnes Nixon scripting stories for when #AMC begins filming again in August.

If @ThSoapWhisperer or anyone like him/her was truly a fan they would be supporting the shows & not spouting doom & gloom. To me it just sounds like this person wants to raise concern and hopes to get their name out in the process.

Sp #AMC & #OLTL fans just support, watch and tell your friends. That is all we can do. The rest. Those haters can go to the left & never come back.

• Members

It also seems that a lot more ex AMC fans who gave up on the show in the end on ABC have returned to it--just from social media, I notice that more than ex OLTL fans (but this is obviously purely based on my limited observation only.) So while OLTL had bigger numbers in its final year (though the difference really wasn't as major as some have claimed IMHO) perhaps more lapsed viewers rerturned to AMC.

Who the funk is the soap whisperer?

• Members

It's someone on twitter who is adamant that AMC/OLTL are bleeding money and will be canceled after OLTL finishes this round of taping. He/she has not been willing to offer any evidence, just doom and gloom. I'm not going to panic until I hear something directly from PP/TOLN.

• Members

My point is dnt go rushing to trsust ppl who say theyn have sources at PP. I seriously doubt anyone at PP is gonna give folks with soap twitters bts scoops & potentially lose their jobs that support themselves & their families

• Members

Why are we even talking about The Soap Whisperer? Nobody was worried or even knew about that BS until it was brought over here from Twitter.

But why make a point of it here when nobody is talking aabout it here or even cares?

• Members

Until it's been reported by TOLN/PP then I won't believe it.

Also, my mom is a hard-core fan of AMC but I convinced her to sample OLTL when it came back online. After a few weeks, she e-mailed me yesterday stating she is liking OLTL much better then AMC right now (and she isn't a loyal fan of OLTL). She likes the scripts, the stories, and thinks there is a better balance between the veterans and younger characters.

She is almost ready to tune out of AMC due to the over saturation with the young characters with very little story for anyone outside of Jesse/Angie/David.

Archived