PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

McTavish--love her or hate her--always wrote for Brooke. Sh often wrote badly for Brooke, but she always gave her materl, and actallyspokeabout a big story for her shortly before Frns put Juli Barr on recurring status and Julia, quite rightly, was insultednd decided it was better to just leave. But for all of McTavish's faults, you can't blame lack of Brooke screentime on her.

• Members

Excuse me - a full month is my barometer. Where are we at right now? Two weeks out from the last one? Four weeks and I call a cautious win for my sanity. Six and I declare small triumphs. Six months and we break out the Gatorade.

• Members

Does anyone else wonder if this episode reduction could hurt show loyalty? I guess what I mean by that is as soap fans part of staying a dedicated fan is that we are "hooked" on the show.. we are accustomed to watching 5days/week.. through the good and the bad.. that's why when soaps put up horrible storylines people still tune in... Now I know the hardcore AMC/OLTL fan bases will be tuning in no matter what, but as far as getting new viewers online.. will only 2 episodes/week hurt the "loyalty" factor where a new fan may not feel the same loyalty to a soap to watch through thick and then (However, with only two eps a week I hope the writing quaility would be better since they have more time to focus on it) These questions are purely speculation, since none of us have any idea as this hasn't been done before..but only thoughts and speculation. Thoughts?

• Members

Honestly the twice weekly so far isn't having that much of an effect on me. When a show is firing on all cylinders I try my hardest to keep up in real time but when they deliver the occasional dud I switch back to binge viewing when I can find time. After Tuesday's dud of a OLTL episode, I didn't even bother watching Thursday's.

• Members

I started watching AMC again and forgot where I left off. I don't like the chapter/whatever episode count....it should just be episode 1....2..etc...the whole chapter [!@#$%^&*] needs to go....I am still behind on AMC and OLTL.....I lost interest with the 2 day thing so now I am behind....

Archived