PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Members

I didn't. That said, every soap has its fair share of crazies. Some more than most, mostly on the ABC side IMO. I don't know what your problem is today, Khan, but I'm not holding it against you.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Guiding Light fans are immune from the "we like these characters and not those characters" thing,

As someone who actually liked Guiding Light in 2006 and 2007, and some of the Peapack stuff, I was continually confronted with people complaining that the Coopers, who had long ago become central to the show, long before Ellen Wheeler, were portrayed as an important family. Some of it I could agree with because people were making points about how Buzz's past seemed whitewashed when he had abandoned his kids, but a lot of it seemed like just where are the Bauers, hate the Coopers, fighting a battle that was really about stuff that had already changed about the show 10 years ago.

• Members

That was because she overloaded on them and shoved them down everyone's throat at the expense of most of the rest of the cast.

I loved Buzz, Harley, etc. - in moderation. To Wheeler they were the sainted all-American family, the stars of the show. Under her stewardship they (along with the show) were pretty much ruined.

• Members

Oh, Vee. Such a paragon of generosity. RME.

My problem today has been my problem for some time, and it will continue to be my problem until you leave this board. You, sir, lack all ability to consider or respect any point of view that doesn't match yours; and I, for one, would rather you do us both a favor and put me on Ignore like I will for you. Because, to be perfectly frank, you bore me.

• Members

Along with the Chamberlains, the Coopers, the Lewises (and Shaynes), the Marlers, the Reardons, the Spauldings and the Thorpes. GUIDING LIGHT had such rich family histories to draw from. Yet, they chose to allow it all to dissipate.

• Members

From OLTL's Wikipedia Page

On January 7, 2013, Prospect Park resumed its plan to continue One Life to Live as a daily 30 minute web series on Hulu and iTunes via The Online Network.[13][14] In Canada, the new season of One Life to Live aired on FX Canada. New online episodes began airing on Monday, April 29, 2013.[15]As of May 20, 2013, new episodes are legally available worldwide on YouTube via The Online Network's official YouTube account, TOLNSoaps.[16] Episodes are uploaded one month after their original air date.

• Members

All this because I asked you what the hell a cryptic comment meant with less than perfect decorum on an Internet forum? That's not worth either of us putting each other on Ignore, Khan. And I never Ignore.

• Members

I think this was a contribution from an overzealous Wiki user as they've only uploaded the first episodes of each, and nowhere has there been any report or indication that full episode uploads on YouTube would be a regular thing, especially since they've been putting the recaps on there; more than anything they're more aggressively using the YouTube channel as a gateway to get potential viewers over to Hulu via the recaps and the first episodes.

• Members

Speaking as someone who works in PR, that's not necessarily true. Ideally the lead PR person in an organization should be part of the decision making team because they're responsible for driving message. Your PR lead should be told 'this is what we're thinking about doing,' and yes, they should be asked to give a professional opinion as to the fall out of a decision. No, they aren't going to necessarily be making business decisions, but just like an organization's legal counsel, a good PR team should be involved in figuring out the best way to get the company from Point A to Point B. If all your PR team does is send out press releases and try to spin what the executive is saying, then they're being massively reactive, and it's indicative of minimal planning in terms of strategic communications. I've also done work in political PR, btw, and the lead PR person is absolutely at the decision-making table there.

I don't know anything about PP's PR team - whether it's in-house, whether they have an outside PR firm they work with, how many people, where those people fit in the organization, etc., - so I don't feel comfortable completely bashing their efforts. I do feel like PP is doing a decent job utilizing the actors as promoters of the show, and they're doing a decent job with social media. I get the general feeling that PP rushed into production and is flying by the seat of their pants in a lot of ways, and their PR team is stuck in the same position. I'm willing to cut them all some slack though and let them deal with their growing pains for the time being because I have my AMC back. :)

Archived