PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well wasn't it mentioned that there was a rumor that Mcpherson was supposedly seen with Corday recently. So is it possible she is returning in some compacity to DAYS? Errol wasn't completely against her when she was first being mentioned as AMC headwriter but was never completely positive about her. I could see this being something that would cause some fans to drink. Also it fits with the tweets about today's event being apart of the Tuesday announcement and the park it wording in one of the posts.

Oherwise I am glad that this was cleared up without having to wait the whole weekend wondering about AMC/OLTL.

• Members

I think it would be pointless for her to return to DAYS at this point. They undid everything that she setup. I thought she had some good ideas, but like we see on AMC, she doesn't know how to tie everything together. I liked Sami being bad again, I like Will as mini-Sami, I liked Will/Marlena, I liked the lack of Daniel, I LOVED Rafe/Carrie and I LOVED Abby/Austin before it was broken up. Unfortunately, good couples and ideas didn't translate on screen. The pacing and scripts were atrocious and I'll never forgive them for bringing Billie back and giving her nothing to do.

• Members

Will spent his time leering at the man who raped his mother and being duped and used; less like Sami and more like someone's bad idea of a twink from an "edgy" 1970 production. Chandler also failed to sell any of the material, beyond the leering. If Ali Sweeney had been that bad she would have never lasted.

She seems to have no ability to tell stories, no real ability at characterization, even less idea of pacing (the Rafe/Carrie story had the worst pacing I have ever seen on a soap opera, and "shocking" stories like Will coming out and EJ/Sami having grief sex had reveals which inexplicably ended in no one on the canvas really giving a [!@#$%^&*]). I guess it would somehow be fitting if she ended up back in daytime. What else does this genre do now beyond bad pacing and bad non-stories.

• Members

I've wondered how much input the HW even has or if it's all by committee, or some suggestions from Agnes. Of all the stories on the canvas I guess the one about Cassandra might be closest to her style at DAYS, although the general aimless nature of some characters reminds me of her. And the dead baby lie from Cara.

I just wonder if the show has long-term story projections or if those aren't around for any soaps now.

• Members

Word. Usually when you have a show killer, it is because they write such awful storylines or change characters or retcon or something awful. Never have I seen a showkiller just bore the audience to death.

I would hope not but he did fire B&C after 8 months... lol.

• Members

www.facebook.com/denahigley?fref=ts

It's worse than that - Corday, Higley and Marlene all in NYC. I'll quit DAYS.

And screenshots in case it gets deleted:

6i60dx.jpg

34or19l.jpg

That's Marlene, Dena, Corday,??, Meng, ??

It's never to early to start drinking if this is what I think it is...

Archived