PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I only ever watched for 'adult' characters. Back when J&A were 'teens' I FF'd them. Sorry teens bored me since I was 4 yrs old. Not going to change now. Cliff and Nina were a snooze to me too. I loved Palmer and Daisy. I loved Phoebe and Langley. Madly in love with Brooke and Adam. But enjoyed Brooke and Tom. Brooke and Mark. Erica's grown up romances. Erica and Mike Roy (NS only) I FLOVED. No character after was as good a match in my book. Sorry, Dimitri is meh to me. Better than Jackson, however.

FF'd Charlie and Julie in favor of Ross/Ellen Ross/Natalie. Dixie was infllicted upon my beloved B&A storyline. As soon as hooked up with Tad FF material. I only ever watched Tad because MEK's adlibs amused my sister. I have to add Dixie's sister Lany. With that Godawful voice and her coma inducing romance with Jeremy's contrived son. UGH!! They make Pete/Celia tolerable by comparison.

The entire Santos clan was a snoozefest beginning with the Bra. Could've cared even less about her boring teen siblings.

Two exceptions on AMC were: 1. the beginning of Hayley. KR was great then (fan of hers from that dance show she was on) Hayley because a whiny victim and it was FF time. 2. Cecily because she was fun and they paired her with older Sean and then Nico and RL and MB had fantastic chemistry. Up there with VM for me as his best leading lady.

Only other was GH's Lucky and Elizabeth because JJ's an old soul great actor and they were tied to TG and TG's airtime nor story was diminished to give JJ/RH airtime. And the subject matter wasn't your standard teen fare.

And I used to complain to my sister about Greg/Jenny/Angie/Jessie on all the time - I will say however that DM and DW were a hello of a lot better actors back then then JPL and RW. KD as an ADULT actress I liked. Teen stories annoy me. I don't care about their 1st loves and their whiney, no experience having lives. Hillary and Tad. Bog Georgia. Liza and her buddy Marcy. Boring to me.

I don't mind J&A frontburner now as much as the teens stuff because the story seems warranted in its urgency to save Cass and Jessie and Angie have been on and off for decades and my hope that once Cass is rescued they'll be given a break to give someone else's story the frontburner treatment.

I can't say the same for the teens that are magically going to bring in all the 'key demos' that the featured teens for decades on Network never did.

• Members

Vincent Irizarry said in multiple interviews that David's relationship would NOT be romantic but that Angie will challenge him to be a better person, nothing more and nothing less.

Depends on who was the showrunner/headwriter.

• Members

Brooke and Adam did get one pretty major kiss though.

McTavish obviously did noit hate Julia. She wrote for her basically every chance she could. Unfortunately her stories for Brooke often sucked but she obviously liked the character (and reportedly had a big story planned for her which was nixed when Frons wanted to put her on recurring status and so Julia left.)

• Members

What depends on that? You watching the show? Bc your statement is false as the show wasn't heavily focused on teens in its final 10 years. The last valid attempt was in 2002/2003 with JR, Jamie, Laurie, Jodi and Reggie but that was half assed and didn't last long before crumbling with JR and Jamie aged to early adults and the females dropped. There was virtually to no solid focus on teens after that going to the final episode

• Members

Agree with this, that was the last real teen scene- I hated the lack of a teen story as they have always been my favorites when done well even once I left my teens. A teen scene should have been built around Colby (played by someone better than Brianne what's her name) and geeky Petey.

• Members

My introductory teen scene was Hayley, Brian, An Li, Terrence and Taylor when I was in middle school. Then my last two years of high school they brought in Bobby, Anita, Kelsey, Laura, Scott and Kevin who all (sans Scott who they slightly SORAS'd to college) graduated the same year I graduated high school. That was the last teen group I was invested in. They attempted to do one with Bianca and JR, but that was written horribly by Jean Passanante (Heather, Mindy, Shannon, Marcus, Sweeney, Ken). Then, as Cheap mentioned, the final attempt was with Jamie, JR, Laurie, Joni and Reggie... and that was 10 years ago.

• Members

I loved the Hayley/Brian/An Li/Terrence/Taylor group. .they were my first teen group as well. Though I don't think they used An Li as well as they could have.. but she was beautiful.

Plus, I loved Bobby/Anita/Kelsey/Laura/Scott/Kevin grouping in the mid-90s as well. There were so many stories and windows to play and most of them were connected to veteran characters/families as well. I know Anita/Bobby left the show after the teen crowd graduated high school. and then Gillian popped up as a foil to Kelsey/Kevin/Scott/Laura once they entered college.

I thought that the JR/Jamie/Reggie/Joni/Laurie crowd had some potential, but bad writing and some miscast actors ruined that. If the actors that played Laurie and JR were stronger.. then I could have seen a triangle develop between them while I liked Joni/Reggie (good girl with the guy with edge.. a bi-racial Jesse/Angie), before they were written off eventually.

I think that Cassandra/Petey/Colby/ and I think Dre were the last attempt at creating something.. but I think the regime change hurt that.

Would Asher/Damon/Maya/Colby have been more of a college group do you think?

• Members
Considering Colby was in college, the answer is yesI think Asher was a bit older than them. Speaking of which, we never did get a resolution to Adam's long lost son plotline. I remember thinking it was Asher but then there was a bit of inconsistencies when it came to revealing he was Caleb's son. They never did bring that Miguel Reyes to town.

• Members

He was first mentioned when Lorraine Broderick was filling in temporarily right before Kreizman & Swajeski took over. K & S completely dropped that ball, along with Hillary being Damon's mother.

Archived