PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Members

Maybe it could be "age discrimination" with the teens/20 somethings - vs - the "old" vets over 50 or vise versa, either way. Therefore, the fix and solution would be to add the 30/40 something key demo age groups and take some of the focus and emphasis off these 2 wide age groups. Fill in the gaps/holes to get a better balance.

Brooke and Opal need stronger storylines and both Julia and Jill are talented and gifted actresses. I would love to see Opal start a romance/relationship of her own and broaden her character.

What is fair or unfair? Stay tuned and take the ride!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PP needed cast from ABC to come on over to the reboot in efforts to bring in their fanbases and to have familiarity upfront to viewers. Rapid aging of the children is a hint that "the next generation" of PV citizens is in the making and to chronologically move the show forward, or am I wrong here? PP needs to get the key age demo they are looking for to grow the show for long term success. Their strategy, well what is really going on and what do they really want here?

The writers are busy writing the next block shooting and hopefully taking their time as well as the producers tweaking and adjusting things. It is too early to call anything.

• Members

The show is called All My Children. It is not called All My Vets. It is not called All My David/Jesse/Angie/Zack/Cara. The show is called All My Children. Teen set has always been focused heavily in AMC, to date. Maybe at some point in time the Over 50 actors/Vets will have to step back a little in order for focus to be on the teens/20 somethings. IDK what would be a better fix.

• Members

I kind of agree with this. PP should have come out of the gate right away with the emphasis on youth and started writing stories in a way that puts them front and center and not the vets, so much. But on the flipside, they need the vets to get the show up on its feet in strength. It would be like damn if I do, and damn if I don't. No one wins.

• Members

The last few years of AMC on ABC there were 5 characters who were the main focus (Ryan/Greenlee, Zack/Kendall, and David) and there were so many complaints/gripes/grievances against the writers/showrunners for backburning other characters and even complaints from some of the actors themselves (Susan and MEK being a couple of them and maybe Walt too).

So the new show focusing on Angie/Jesse/Zack/David would put them in the same category with the fans saying characters are being overlooked and/or backburned. Wash, rinse and repeat. and nothing changes, nothing.

• Members

I know this is a bit off topic but...

The creator of Arrested Development is basically begging people not to binge watch when the show returns this weekend and to please watch it in order. I think he makes his case very well.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/05/mitch-hurwitz-dont-binge-watch-arrested-development.html

Like I said, OT but at least it's not about some idiot on FB. tongue.png

• Members

One thing. All My Children was never literally about 'children.' It meant everyone. AN has explained this in the past. So the focus on teens has nothing to do with that.

One thing. All My Children was never literally about 'children.' It meant everyone. AN has explained this in the past. So the focus on teens has nothing to do with that.

Exactly. She explained it meant everyone. She took it from the bible I believe. All God's children.

• Members

I think it was people waiting until Saturday/Sunday to watch the whole week. They're not getting good ad rates for Mon/Tue/Wednesday episodes if people are watching 4-5 days later. I've read after a show is posted for 2-3 days on Hulu, the advertising rates drop significantly for all subsequent views. Again, none of this is confirmed by PP but I definitely suspect they make more money in the first 24-72 hours.

• Members

I wish they had waited to launch until like this week when there is a significant reduction of fresh content on Hulu with so many finales happening last week. Then they could have promoted it like "Revenge & Scandal may not be new until September but AMC & OLTL have new episodes all summer long." Actually, Hulu and the shows should be playing up the new all summer angle even now.

• Members

I thought today was much better. Shorter scenes for the teens. Zach had the day off. Felt like more people were getting story. Brooke had some scenes of substance and she had actual lines. LOL Also liked that Adam suspects that Adam Jr is lying and that Brooke is going to be on that for him. JR's being nice to Brooke now but I'm thinking he's going to be plotting against her in the future. That would be interesting. Also

so more mixing it up will be nice.

Liked seeing Cara with someone other than David going on about her hidden kid. RB I think is doing a great job so far as Adam Jr while I still miss JY. Hard to believe as I thought he was atrocious as one of the Lucky recasts on GH. So I wouldn't mind a triangle with David/Cara/JR but it also seems they're going for Jessie/Angie/David. Maybe it's chem testing.

Loved Angie/Jessie mixing it up with BC and glad MC is still able to 'tweak' his lines to the way Billy Clyde would say things. He cracks me up.

More mixing up and rotation and occasional breaks from teens would vastly improve things for me. And of course still wanting my B&A big wedding.

I thought today was much better. Shorter scenes for the teens. Zach had the day off. Felt like more people were getting story. Brooke had some scenes of substance and she had actual lines. LOL Also liked that Adam suspects that Adam Jr is lying and that Brooke is going to be on that for him. JR's being nice to Brooke now but I'm thinking he's going to be plotting against her in the future. That would be interesting. Also

so more mixing it up will be nice.

Liked seeing Cara with someone other than David going on about her hidden kid. RB I think is doing a great job so far as Adam Jr while I still miss JY. Hard to believe as I thought he was atrocious as one of the Lucky recasts on GH. So I wouldn't mind a triangle with David/Cara/JR but it also seems they're going for Jessie/Angie/David. Maybe it's chem testing.

Loved Angie/Jessie mixing it up with BC and glad MC is still able to 'tweak' his lines to the way Billy Clyde would say things. He cracks me up.

More mixing up and rotation and occasional breaks from teens would vastly improve things for me. And of course still wanting my B&A big wedding.

• Members

I do think it's funny that in all of this "too many new characters" talk, we point to Angie and Jesse as two vets who are getting frontburner story at the moment. Circa 1982, they were both fresh-faced newbies, totally new characters, Jesse only related to longer-running characters in a distant way, yet they were on the frontburner.

And let's not talk about the Cortlandts' extravagant masquerade ball and Cliff and Nina's expensive ass wedding, both of which occurred within their first year to year-and-a-half on the show, none of them having any ties whatsoever to any other characters at the time.

Archived